What's new

Canteen?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a duck and talks like a duck, but is it a Canteen top? :D And what era? I dug this recently with some CW lead in VA.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 2011-03-04 001.webp
    2011-03-04 001.webp
    86 KB · Views: 295
  • 2011-03-04 002.webp
    2011-03-04 002.webp
    86.7 KB · Views: 279
I'm thinking old oil lamp Mike.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • large-lot-antique-oil-lamp-parts-burners_110637799240[1].webp
    large-lot-antique-oil-lamp-parts-burners_110637799240[1].webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
it be the round wick kind.Like this.I think I see the hole for the wick adjuster on yours.
 

Attachments

  • !B6lnLrw!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKi4EwvEtig4CBM)1s(JvhQ~~_3[1].webp
    !B6lnLrw!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKi4EwvEtig4CBM)1s(JvhQ~~_3[1].webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
I'm thinking old oil lamp Mike.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Or a smudge pot... Pretty sure it is not a talking duck...

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Mike,that appears to be the type of whale oil lamps that we find in our mid 19th Cent. sites,although most of them have dual chimneys.Was there any Chinese activity where you found this?I ask because the opium lamps only had one burner
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom