What's new

Cap-Badge Field - 3 hour hunt...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,541
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waited for the heavy rain to stop & got the last 3 hours of light. Tough getting there as the wheels of the bike locked up with all the mud & hay.:tongue3:
It was worth the effort though;

Tudor Clothes Fastener (John the Baptist)
My best Ink Well from ploughed land - near perfect, plus a small complete bottle
Military Buttons (3)
Toy Train
Strange small SILVER Penguin - Came off a charm bracelet
Northants Reg Shoulder Badge
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    138.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    146.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    186.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    122 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Upvote 36
Love the train !:hello:
 
Wow, those are some really nice finds! Three hours well spent!
 
Looks like they burned all kinds of uniforms on the fields. You wrote somewhere that was done for manuring. Got the farmers the uniforms for free or did they bought them in bulk?
 
Looks like they burned all kinds of uniforms on the fields. You wrote somewhere that was done for manuring. Got the farmers the uniforms for free or did they bought them in bulk?

Brought masses of them of the rag trade. Some uniforms came as far away as Belgium & France.
 
Solid finds Cru. The penguin is rather curious, and I like that train.
 
WHAT IS THERE TO SAY THAT HAS NOT BEEN SAID ALREADY . . THE BOTTLE STOPPERS ARE SWEET .
 
What an absolutely wonderful batch of nice stuff!! Well done!!
 
Wow, Crusader--great stuff! You've got a bit of everything there. The train is really cool-lots of detail. Congrats! --Lisa & John
 
Solid finds Cru. The penguin is rather curious, and I like that train.

The penguin seems to be free standing (before it was crushed). Thought it might have been a silver set of Noah's Ark, but never heard of one!
 
Quite the variety. Some of your finds seem kind of modern. By that, I mean. Less than a century old. I'm so used to seeing you find really older Saxon and Roman coins, and relics. The train, buttons, coins, and bottles are really great finds.
Congratulations
 
Nice variety of finds Crusader. Those are some great finds.
 
Quite the variety. Some of your finds seem kind of modern. By that, I mean. Less than a century old. I'm so used to seeing you find really older Saxon and Roman coins, and relics. The train, buttons, coins, and bottles are really great finds.
Congratulations

I'm pretty used to it to. But doesn't harm to go back to your roots every so often.
 
If you're in SC, and on my spot...... Well you know the rest!! Super haul!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Solid finds Cru. The penguin is rather curious, and I like that train.
I think Cru'dad nailed the ID on this one. He suggested a charm bracelet piece. I then checked the top of the head & noticed a small scar where the loop was!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom