What's new

Cap gun and camp striker?

jgowans

Full Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
209
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ellicott City, MD
I found these two items in a local park. The first is obviously from a toy gun and may be a toy rifle....
The second is the odd item. It was near a hobo camp (I found a fork and other camp trash near by as well)
It is very light even for aluminum. It has a lanyard hole and a groove down the length. It also has many cut marks or tool marks.

Thanks
g1.webp
g2.webp
g3.webp
g4.webp
 
After looking some at Magnesium strikers, I think that is what it is.
magnesium-fire-starter.webp

So if it is.... Is it stable or dangerous?
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Your cap gun piece is off of a Parris rifle made by Parris in Savannah, Tn. Here are some photos of one in my collection.
 

Attachments

  • paris.webp
    paris.webp
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,803
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom