What's new

Cap gun

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine found this cap gun and I took a pic for a possible ID. Any ideas as to brand or age?
 

Attachments

  • CIMG1230.webp
    CIMG1230.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 296
Didn't find any good coins, however my friend did find a silver 50 cent piece :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • CIMG1232.webp
    CIMG1232.webp
    125.4 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
IS, It's somewhat hard to tell with all the rust, but it looks like a cast iron ACE cap gun by Kilgore that was made in 1935. Kilgore made 2 models of the ACE; one in 1930 and in 1935. The 1930 model was slimmer, and not as stocky looking as the 2nd model. It was a single-shot cap gun and used Mammoth namebrand caps.

Good job on the silver, and I like the keyhole eschutcheon. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I found a website that has many pictures of cap guns of different brands, just click on the "OTHER BRANDS OF CAP GUNS (Etc.)" and check out all the cap gun, there are many, a great site, and all of the guns are in pristine condition, if not in new condition.

I look through many photos until my eyes got tired, some looked very much like your find, but I didn't find an exact match, but I didn't look at all of the brands, you may find yours on this site.

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/index.html

Skip
 
Upvote 0
AU Seeker said:
I found a website that has many pictures of cap guns of different brands, just click on the "OTHER BRANDS OF CAP GUNS (Etc.)" and check out all the cap gun, there are many, a great site, and all of the guns are in pristine condition, if not in new condition.

I look through many photos until my eyes got tired, some looked very much like your find, but I didn't find an exact match, but I didn't look at all of the brands, you may find yours on this site.

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/index.html

Skip

Skip, Mike really has a great website, and there are some cap guns from our collection pictured on his site, plus several of our customer's guns. The majority of the guns on his site are die cast instead of cast iron. ;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Big Gold!
Replies
9
Views
838

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom