What's new

Car Finds

Wayne from Maine

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
82
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland Maine
As I have mentioned before, I've never found the big$$$$ stuff but I have found some interesting stuff. You folks keep encourging me to post it so....Here is some car stuff:

1.Reo hub cap, would have been a big signal but it was sitting on top of the ground. Had a hard time locating it as I was using it to hold wheatbacks. I like the Essex Motor emblem. The quarter I found in my car seat.

2. I have found 150+ matchbox car once in a while I've found a few pre-match box car. I bet those kids were far more upset then those who bury their match box cars at the beach. The last car is a jack knife.

3. Those of you from Maine know about these tags (if your old enough). Every year you got a metal tag to attach to your license plate. I guess the State realized how easy it was to switch it back and forth between Ma and PA 's Car.
 

Attachments

  • car stuff1.webp
    car stuff1.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 924
  • car stuff2.webp
    car stuff2.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 900
  • car stuff3.webp
    car stuff3.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 904
Upvote 0
Interesting, cool lookin stuff Wayne. Do you have more stuff like that to show?

HH 8) surfrat96
 
Would you like me to sing "I'm gonna keep on lovin you....." I don't know what else REO speedwagon sang.... Great finds!
 
ok if nobody else is going to say it, i will "aren't you a little old to be using a car seat" ::),

nice finds, i like the cars. have you ever hunted on the eastern promanade on the hillside or near the monument seems like there'd be a few coins there ;)
 
Very Nice ! I like those tabs .
 
Neet Finds!!! Love that little yellow truck, I haven't seen a tootsie toy like that one since I was a kid...
Good luck & Happy hunting~
 
Nice finds Wayne,

HH

Lonewolfe
 
Cool finds. I love the touring car.

The REO hub cap is nice. Any idea what era the hub cap is from? Looks a little art decoish to me so maybe '30s? The same man that founded REO put his name on the Oldsmobile.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom