Carbon travel handle

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm tearing up my back...

I spent two hours on the beach today, and because I'm on the road for work, I didn't bring my monster Stealth digger.

The hand scoop is a lot of darn work...

I'm looking at the 7" SS scoop and the carbon fiber two piece handle.

Has anyone used this handle before?

Will it hold up, or do you need to be gentle with it?

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 4.09.58 PM.png

By the way- lots of digging today...

Up down up down up down... I quit digging pennies unless they were part of a pocket spill.

Clad beach.jpg

Upvote 0

GTB

Jul 21, 2016
Cape Coral,Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I recently bought my Stealth I asked about this handle your asking about. I was informed it will not last for ever naturally but would be good for travel unless you travel very often. As a second handle it should be great.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks GTB... did you buy it? Are you using it?

GTB

Jul 21, 2016
Cape Coral,Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I went with the one piece but might get it if I travel more then I do. I wanted it for my car which would have been too many tear downs which I guess is a factor. Great scoop for sure.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got the big Stealth and it's too heavy to travel with.

I want to go to something lighter, but I sure don't want to bust a handle that is that expensive.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you thought about the RTG scoop, I have a smaller stainless model and love it. Would think about upgrading to a larger model, plus Casper I believe uses their travel model with great success. Hopefully he will chime in.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The RTG is aluminum.

I've destroyed enough aluminum scoops and handles.

I need good stainless steel, and Ash handles.

But considering the carbon fiber handle, if I can get a good user recommendation.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The RTG is aluminum.

But considering the carbon fiber handle, if I can get a good user recommendation.

They do make a SS travel scoop that breaks down.

Hope you find what your looking for!

GL & HH!

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had the honor of meeting the Anderson team yesterday and got to handle their new CF two piece scoop shaft...AWESOME! ! ! ! ! !
If I did not have a replacement scoop in stand by I would have bought one yesterday. Or if I could mount it to my buckets...I would have done that. My observations: Fits T-Rex and other Scoops, I did not measure it but it would be over 4 feet long when assembled and half that when in your travel case, Very Light, CF with solid plastic insert the entire length, the connecting threads are about 1 1/2 inches long of fine threads - and tightens so rotation should not be a problem under use, as with any item used in water, sand, or dirt cleaning is a must. Take care of your items and they will last much longer. The shaft can be drilled for attachment. I do not know the shaft's diameter, contact Anderson for specs and compatibility with your scoop. It does fit the T-Rex 9.5 scoop, thus it should fit the 8" scoop also. If I ever need a new shaft...I will be buying this shaft and a compatible scoop.

shinythings1

Greenie
Jun 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The RTG is aluminum.

I've got the handle... I've used it only once, but it seemed to hold up nicely. I bought purposely to travel with but haven't had that opportunity yet.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need something like that I have a shovel handle on my 8 inch and it's just too heavy. Where can I get a carbon fiber or a good aluminum one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread