Cards on the way...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all my Computer dumb, no picture posting , procrastinating , 'rear'.

Finally ordered some business cards.

I have always suffered from Extreme Anxiety Issues , & door knocking has never been my thing, and my phone calls to land owners or Real Estate agents usually turns into a bunch of gibberish.

As does my Typing:laughing7:
I hope this will at-least jump start my Conversations with people about just what my intentions are when it comes to detecting their land.

I'm really just wondering , does anybody else use business cards & if so what's yr strategy.
Thanks a TON.
Davers:thumbsup:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers, I remember seeing someone else that had some cards printed up that they had shown on the site. Have to go find the thread but seems like it might be a good way to get the conversation going or at least maybe they have your info when they call you back to let you know on permission if not right then. The thread was done in the last two weeks if I recall.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Discussion- Treasure Hunting Business Cards by Kurios1- June 3rd. I had to look but that is the thread about business cards and he had his cards and there were others. Looks like a good idea. Good Luck!

bilder

May 16, 2017
Southwest Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking of ordering some myself. Here is what I have in mind. tapatalk_1498235813059.jpeg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think handing your business card to a property owner during the first few seconds of your "elevator," or 25-second pitch, shows professionalism and preparedness. You want the card to be uncluttered and well designed. :skullflag:

Attachments

• Terry1AGA.jpg
    Terry1AGA.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 107
  • loser.jpg
    loser.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 103

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think handing your business card to a property owner during the first few seconds of your "elevator," or 25-second pitch, shows professionalism and preparedness. You want the card to be uncluttered and well designed. :skullflag:

But if in the first few seconds of your introduction you're also handing the homeowner a business card (or at least what looks like one), you also run the risk of making them think you're trying to sell them something instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But if in the first few seconds of your introduction you're also handing the homeowner a business card (or at least what looks like one), you also run the risk of making them think you're trying to sell them something instead.

Likely one of the first things I would say is ' I'm not wanting to sell you anything'.

Also ,Did we once meet in Vegas when I got on the wrong plane?

Think it was JANET Air Lines ? Is yr name J. Rod? :occasion14:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Discussion- Treasure Hunting Business Cards by Kurios1- June 3rd. I had to look but that is the thread about business cards and he had his cards and there were others. Looks like a good idea. Good Luck!

Thanks for the link, ill check it out. I been wanting to do this for a few years now.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Likely one of the first things I would say is ' I'm not wanting to sell you anything'.

Also ,Did we once meet in Vegas when I got on the wrong plane?

Think it was JANET Air Lines ? Is yr name J. Rod? :occasion14:

Not me. Never been to Vegas before, outside of driving through from AZ. But now I want to hear how you managed to get on the wrong plane.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply's.

My plan is to hit a Developed area close to me , with homes on a Half Acre - 2 acre's , mostly built in the 40's & 1950's.
&
Another area in the City that's been Developed since the 1920's ,both had Civil War Actions,& many homes in the City are on large Lot's with Woods , Ivy :BangHead: lol, & larger open areas . Some / many of the homes a in the Million $ range , I grew up in the area in the 1980's so It's in one of my comfort Zones.

I'm also planning on telling the Owners that I plan on hunting in the Fall & Winter ( as not to disturb the landscaping to much). I will hunt when it's the most favorable time for them 'of course'.

I Hope it all works out , the hardest part for me is 'trying' so my Motto is "Just Do It".
Good Luck to Everyone.
Davers

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is good to have business cards, so, people can call you anytime. Good hunting and good luck.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of all, have confidence in yourself and project that.
You are in fact selling your services ( keep it clean people).
You have to convience these people you are good at what you do and can help them.

I believe in you, now go for it!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A quality parchment or similar adds a tactile dimension and " feels" less cheap.
I have not had cards made..but because they are cards ,they can generate contacts beyond the person you hand it to.
They can be placed people leave or post cards. I would not put too much info about my personal residence or anything.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want some cards for my beach time

maybe something like,,,

NEED FRESH SUNSCREEN APPLIED?
THAT BIKINI BINDING AND NEED IT ADJUSTED?
LONELY AND NEED A MAN TO LIE ALONGSIDE YOU?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply's.

My plan is to hit a Developed area close to me , with homes on a Half Acre - 2 acre's , mostly built in the 40's & 1950's.
&
Another area in the City that's been Developed since the 1920's ,both had Civil War Actions,& many homes in the City are on large Lot's with Woods , Ivy :BangHead: lol, & larger open areas . Some / many of the homes a in the Million $ range , I grew up in the area in the 1980's so It's in one of my comfort Zones.

I'm also planning on telling the Owners that I plan on hunting in the Fall & Winter ( as not to disturb the landscaping to much). I will hunt when it's the most favorable time for them 'of course'.

I Hope it all works out , the hardest part for me is 'trying' so my Motto is "Just Do It".
Good Luck to Everyone.
Davers

My biggest "fear" is being told no. I have a "rejection" complex from birth. Probably being my parents divorced before I was even conceived! Must have gotten lonely. Anyhow mate, just be yourself and honest. Like most fears are unsubstantiated in our minds like boogie men I feel after getting out and knocking on a few doors and gaining a few permissions will chase off the fears and bring confidence. I wish you the best and need to practice this more myself.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me. Never been to Vegas before, outside of driving through from AZ. But now I want to hear how you managed to get on the wrong plane.

Long story short.......... Google up Janet flights or Janet McCarren airport. You'll catch on!

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking of ordering some myself. Here is what I have in mind. View attachment 1464892

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

This is a NICE looking card! Clean and straight forward. Good job. Doing it embossed on a nice card stock will cost more, but definitely worth it for the presentation and how it feels in hand. This is important.

If you're asking, I might suggest the name contact info fonts be just a point or two bigger... Particularly for us older folks with bad eyesight.. that way when I lose my glasses I can still see the number and call you to come find them :) If I was being picky Id want to center up the phone and email line, too. Maybe make it two lines?

But as it is, if this was handed to me as is on a nice card stock with good print quality, Id be impressed. =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread