What's new

carnelian

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,035
Reaction score
9,241
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't usually take in-situ pix since I don't usually have a camera with me or a phone. But on this day I did and the sun was shining on the beach. A blind man at midnight during a rain storm couldn't have missed this one..
 

Attachments

  • DSC08878.webp
    DSC08878.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
group of us was looking for carnelian near an indian site and I also found a carnelian point. Very nice looking points for sure.
 
Nice one! Love the carnelians. With the amount of carnelian material in the NW, I find it a bit amazing there are so few points, scrapers, etc
.
 
true but with such a wide variety of material to choose from the lithic choices are all over the place...(i think i mentioned before), I have a friend with a Quilomene Bar in Ellensburg Blue, and I know you have seen the Richey Clovis cache points. In the past when I would find a obsidian point, those were pretty boring and I know many people would be tickled pink to find one. You have posted some pretty great stuff yourself.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom