What's new

Carters Little Liver Pills

Itownguy

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
I came accross this little bottle which contained Carters Little Liver Pills.
Anyone else got one?

Joe
 

Attachments

  • Carters.webp
    Carters.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,802
  • Carters..webp
    Carters..webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 985
  • Carters...webp
    Carters...webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,263
I found a bunch of bottles like that. I never knew what they were for. dug them in a dump so they had no lables or cork. Cool.
 
CARTER-WALLACE Specialized In OTC Meds like Carter’s Little Liver Pills. “When you feel sour and sunk, and the world looks punk . . . Take a Carter’s Little Liver Pill.” In 1951 the FTC told Carter-Wallace to cut the word “liver” out of the product name. That's one clue in dating your find.
Don.....
 
I found this little tin in the house we are remodelling. Does anyone have an idea on the years the tin was used. It was 10 cents for 15 pills. I will take better pictures later.

I also found a tube without the cork or label. Treasures in an old house.
 

Attachments

  • 1562.webp
    1562.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 942
Laxative...

"For aiding Bile Flow"....yeah I bet. I can't imagine how strong those pills were back then with such little regulation. I'm willing to bet you had absolutely no trouble with slow bile flow after taking 4 of those :0)
 
i have a similar one but it is still filled with the pills
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom