cartoon character marble

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_9004 - Edited.jpg 1930's dump last week. $400.00!!!

Last edited:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man cool Moon Mullins marble. That is one great find

OP
OP
coloradocav1

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks! I've never ran across one with a character on it. Was this common?

OP
OP
coloradocav1

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea, This little farm dump has really been awesome for how tiny it was. The best thing was an 1862 Gallagher carbine {minus stock and lockplate} lots of smalls and even 1930's valentines kids cards unchewed and in decent shape! Just think about how many little farm dumps like this pocket the country. I've found a few other marbles in this dump. I'll post them, as marbles I know little about. Thanks Guys

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure Cheese will hop on and share his knowledge of the Peltier cartoon character marbles. In the meantime, I thot I'd give you this site: MARBLEALAN.COM to browse if you wanted to do a little additional reading on them. (Enter into the Identification Guide and scroll down until you see Peltier Glass Company. There is a brief paragraph on Peerless Patches and Character Marbles).

I only have one of them in my collection of Pelts - Sandy, and it is much weaker than yours and on the more common white base. I found mine in the "wild" too (tho not as "wild" as your find!!). It was in a ziplock bag of Japanese cross-thru cat eyes that I purchased from a tiny thrift shop. There I was poking thru the cat's and out rolls this one. I was quite surprised and it just goes to show you never know where they will be discovered.

Would love to see what other marbles you have unearthed.

Attachments

• IMG_9754.JPG
    IMG_9754.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9755.JPG
    IMG_9755.JPG
    358.7 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
coloradocav1

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool! Thank you for the info. I'll post those other marbles from last week so you can ID them for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions