What's new

Carved CW Bullet??

HuntingRelics

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect this is a carved 3 ringer.. if anyone agree's, would it have a purpose? Or just boredom? Also, can anyone ID the "D" piece?
IMG_1355.webpIMG_1354.webp
 
Nice finds.Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
3 nice saves. I like that buckle. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
It's certainly carved. Great find, Congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the end to a curtain rod
 
Upvote 0
Yes, that’s definitely a carved bullet, nice save!
 
Upvote 0
It is a little bit big but it is shaped like a cartridge box finial.

Finial4.webp
 
Upvote 0
I have seen a similar piece dug by one of 'deerhuntinghippy's Lady friends (his Wife I assume) - Posted not long ago , likely it's a chess-piece but YNK.

Nice Finds
 
Upvote 0
Hole is to small and walls are to thick. I will go with an end of a curtain rod or some such thing.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a carved bullet to me. Great find.
The brass buckle is typical of the kind used on a saddle.
 
Upvote 0
I’m no expert, but it looks like it could be a bullet carved to act as a nipple protector. From the picture it looks like it might be the right size.

Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
It's not right for a nipple protector, it would need to be flat on the top. Some times I figure they just sat and whittled for no reason other than something to do. Lot's of times whats left had no purpose other than this is what the results of the carving turned out to be. I have 3-4 shaped like the one above. They may have started out with something in mind but this is what they wound up with and it was discarded. Great find !!!...d2
 
Upvote 0
a bullet made from a curtain rod end lol
 
Upvote 0
That would be a very small curtain rod...
I would say a game piece or replacement cartridge box finial.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Bullet
Replies
5
Views
865

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom