Carvings & Clues near Bent Trees

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Carvings & Clues near Bent Trees

Many believe this "MAP" tree is for the "Treasure of the Nine Jacks"

I post it for your viewing ....No feedback required.....flowering comments of praise and
other congratulatory notes are welcome as we near the successful completion of 7-8 years of work
with this private property contractor. Pic was taken not far from Ar. Mo. Ok. corner. (not too close either)

Clueman

Attachments

• The Nine Jacks.jpg
    The Nine Jacks.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,126

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Re: Carvings & Clues near Bent Trees

Clueman,

Nice pic. It reminds me somewhat of Bob B.'s Bible Tree.
I wish you well on your 7-8yr project.

I do have one question for you....we don't have any Beech trees in my neck of the woods.
Would the KGC have carved on other trees, such as Elm?

Thank you,

Timberwolf

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

I have seen many on Beech in Va. Go look at Busch Gardens.....When Beech are not
available, follow the bent trees, and look for the clues . They may take you to a MAP,
carved, or drawn in stone.

My experience is that the Oaks can have markings. A bent tree (or thong tree, or Hoot - owl)
of OAK took us to the "map" tree. However, I have not encountered (on Elm, or Oak)
the detail shown on Beech......no doubt bark growth made the oak a poor choice for map
survival. It is possible the Elm would be used, however I have not seen one with the elaborate
markings left for us on the beech.

Do you have an Elm with similar carvings?

I would follow the bent trees and look for clues, that may take you to rock carvings.

(But then , since I only know a little , and learn daily,,I follow up on just about ANY possibility)

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

I appreciate your response :)

I don't have any carvings on Elm. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any carvings at all here in North Central OK.

I am learning also.

I have, and read Brewer's book the "Sentinel", but maybe I need to read it again because I didn't get much out of it. It was right after I read his book that I began researching the KGC. I must say that I have been disappointed so far with what I have found in my research.....not much information is available on the Internet, just rehashing of Brewer's stuff. I have seen copies of documents that prove that they existed, but so far I have not seen any documents that prove the large treasures that Brewer refers to.
I'm not saying that they don't exist (the large treasures), I am just saying that I have not seen the documentation or witnessed a recovery of such.

Thanks,

Timberwolf

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

I believe in......God.....our right to be free... our right to religious freedom....as well as many other things.

I don't believe there is an accurate log book of the value of secretly burried treasure.

I also don't believe there is an accurate log of "locations of secretly burried treasures"

I do believe there's LOTS of KGC stuff in OK. Follow the bent trees......look for the clues, and the carvings...they're there.

Try not to be a Doubting Thomas.......Maybe if you seek, ye shall find....(carvings at least)
I have seen some in Chandler Park, in Tulsa.

Many exist in the pan handle.
I have seen some at Grand Lake.

They're there......look more

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

I will continue to search....thanks :)

TW

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D WOW! You guys are getting into MY "interest area" of Treasure Signs, etc. "C" is correct that there are LOTS of "Trail Trees" in Virginia, and EASTERN USA. Hike the A.T. along the SNP, BRP, into BOTH sides of the Mountains, and you will see Indian Trail(s) Trees... MOSTLY of BEECH... GOTTA be a smooth bark tree, NOT like Elm in Virginia. When I worked for USDA, I saw LOTS of 'em BUT! Wasn't into "treasure CLUES" back then... IF! I ONLY knew... :( Peaks of Otter here in Bedford County, Va. has a least THREE "trail tree systems" for the tribes that "claimed" P of O... Cherokee from the SOUTH... Monacan from the EAST... Shawnee (I think...) from the NORTH... "trails" can USUALLY be found along CREEKS and RIVERS. These Trail Trees were known as INDIAN TRAIL TREES, THONG TREES, and MANY had different purposes. The HOOT OWL TREES "system" were Trail Trees leading OUTLAWS on the HOOT OWL TRAIL into Texas, etc. THEN... T.W., the Rocks/Boulders were utilized as "maps", etc. since NOT MANY trees were available to leave "clues"... SO!, in OK, look for Rock/Boulder "clues". Remember, whether on Trees or Rocks/Boulders... the "clues" were either "Man-high" or "Horse & Rider-high"... ;)

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Thanks Rebel,

I know there were outlaws in my area....just not sure about the "society" ;)

TW

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:D You "chatting" about KGC, as "the society"? :o :-X LOL... of course, they were... as "outlaws", too... :o LOL. :-X

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

You liked that huh, LOL :D ;D

TW

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

I have emailed that last site you listed, and they have never answered my email :(
They must be too busy digging :D

TW

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:o Well... MAYBE, they are JUST looking for the KINKY GIRLS CLUB, :o DUNNO... :D

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Clueman, I haven't posted here in a long time,, Nice tree,,We have hundreds of Beech trees around here in Southern Illinois,, Have you done anymore looking into this one? Wanted to tell you, I found two bent tree's yesterday less than 100 yards of each other, they are both Huge/Old, along a very Old back road,Up High on a Hill,, Both Point to the South,I could still see the thong marking around one of them,, I will get pics to post for you to see. these are in the Woods also.
Les

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D YEP! If, you have thong/sinew "scars" on those trees... looks GOOD... VERY GOOD! ;D :wink:

Finders-Seekers

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2009

So, Timberwolf, you say you haven't seen any documentation or evidence of a recovery? Evidently, you haven't talked to Bob Brewer and heard about his recoveries. As for me, day by day, I'm getting closer and closer to a recovery. Maybe I'll let you know when I do. Then again, probably not! No offense intended, but I'll probably just keep my big mouth shut!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Finders-Seekers said:
So, Timberwolf, you say you haven't seen any documentation or evidence of a recovery? Evidently, you haven't talked to Bob Brewer and heard about his recoveries. As for me, day by day, I'm getting closer and closer to a recovery. Maybe I'll let you know when I do. Then again, probably not! No offense intended, but I'll probably just keep my big mouth shut!

Finders-Seekers,

Yes, I have talked to Bob Brewer, face to face, several years ago.
I have grown up a bit since then. :wink:

There is no good reason that I can think of, that would cause me to show someone documentation or evidence of a cache that I have pulled out of the ground. So, I no longer expect someone else to offer up that information.

If you find a treasure, it would be in your best intrest to keep quite about it. :thumbsup:

Timberwolf

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Well Finder/Seeker,

Wouldn't it be more accurate to call yourself a Seeker/Not yet Finder?

Lots of KGC seekers out there. Outlaw loot may have markers, most don't as in the
case of Frank James who couldn't find the big one he buried. The KGC crowd has
the James Brothers major players in the KGC Syndicate. One of the gang (Liddle)
gave a statement to authorities describing the day to day routine of the famous
duo that was quite enlightening.

Petty thievery, horse stealing ventures-unsuccessful mostly, loot from banditry-
nickel or silver watches, minimal gold jewelry divides, hiding in the woods all day.
being chased by citizen vigilantes. And on and on living in filthy clothing, never
getting a good nights sleep. This was after Northfield where the Youngers were
shot up and jailed. Jesse and Frank barely got away with their lives.

And still to this day the Boys are elevated to sainthood while their only redeeming
value was their service to the South in the War.

lastleg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread