Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. New to this site, and to MDing. i live in the Caryville area. Campbell county TN. i have been looking for some good places to detect. i have been going to Little Egypt(if youve been here you know what im talking about, if not, i dont know what else its called besides the blue hole) but not much to find, also i have been going around to Asbury Park.and have just found trash, car parts and clad.:BangHead: if anyone around here wants to go out and have a day, tat would be nice. i just dont know about the land or history, im from NJ.

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS WELCOMED

Upvote 0
OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess nobody knows anything about this area?

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure coketab. I'm like35 minutes from Knoxville.

coketab

Jan 2, 2013
about 2 hours its 30 minutes north east of Nashville. there its a lot of history or that way. I'm planning on moving there in the next 10 years if my daughter will let me.

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol that's quite some time! And that's a good distance away from where I'm at lol

coketab

Jan 2, 2013
I come up every other year this time I'm bringing my machine. another place you should check out is pigeon forge it is near you.

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah pigeon forge is about an hour up i640 from me. That's going to be one of the big places i go this summer. I'm going to take my kids up to see the Dixie stampede and stay at a hotel. I'm gonna get them both a 70 detector at radioshack. They're 3 &5 so that'lldo them good for now. I let them use mine under the monkey bats at their park s few weeks back and they found more clad than i did. My plans when it warms up are going to be mainly oak ridge, pidgin forge, and i just stumbled upon an old coal town that's completely deserted. The coal town Is gonna be something ill need someone with me on though cuz it is ginormous!

coketab

Jan 2, 2013
awesome I hope you find a bunch of stuff. it has been years since I've been but the memories of pigeon forge are silk alive today. the best place I have ever been.

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah pigeon forge is just awesome!

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Hi my wife is from LaFollette, we visit a couple times a year, have not had much chance to hunt around there though, just the small park in LaFollette and not much there of course. I checked at Cove Lake Park but I knew the answer before I asked but I checked anyway. Probably door knocking would be the way to go there. Go out in countryside and find farm houses and knock and ask for permission, we have been fairly successful with that here in Ohio. Check old maps that would show the old home sites and then do a google map and check if they are gone and the land is now a farm field generally fairly easy to get permissions on field sites. If you like PM me with your e-mail address and maybe we can get together when we come down, here is a link to my you tube channel Bell2trac's channel - YouTube that way you can get an idea of how we do by door knocking and field sites.

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i took a look at a whole bunch of your videos, but couldnt seem to come across any door knocking...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread