Casa Grande Ruins Old Mexico Pottery and Unknown Pottery

CarGirl

Feb 15, 2016
Frederick, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Pottery

More items I inherited that I know nothing about them. Hopefully this is the correct place to post this?

Any ideas on the age of either and what the second piece of pottery may be? :dontknow:

Bowl-1-Pic-1.jpg Bowl-2-Pic-2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks old and authentic but I know nothing about pottery. There is tons of it here in Florida but it is all broken. Several people on this site know a lot about pottery so I hope they chime in.

May want to put a ruler next to items or something else for size reference it will help ID them.

Oops, I meant to put the size. First one is approx. 5.5" at the widest point and the one with the lines is about 6.5" at the widest point.

Unless you have paperwork and provenance on that pottery, be VERY careful about posting it publicly. Good Luck:skullflag:

Unless you have paperwork and provenance on that pottery, be VERY careful about posting it publicly. Good Luck:skullflag:

Thank you for the advice. I honestly don't know what to do with most of the stuff I have and don't have a clue what some of it is. This all came from through two inheritances the second got it from here mother so it would have been found in the early 1890's by a lady's mom. Nothing I have I found on my own.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to find a local expert, you can always call your local college and talk to the Anthropology department. Again, be SURE these items are mentioned in the wills, and do as much as you can to document they have been in your family prior to the https://www.nps.gov/subjects/legal/american-antiquities-act-of-1906.htm

Take down the pictures and change your title if you aren't sure.:skullflag:

Very nice pottery. Please keep us posted on the age if possible.

Casas Grande is a very important pre-Columbian Unesco World Heritage site near Chihuahua, Mx.

Very nice pottery. Please keep us posted on the age if possible.

Will do if I can find someone to look at them. So far no luck, the Denver museum didn't want to even see them or any of the collection and pushed me off to national websites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back