What's new

Casino Searching, questions from a newbie

idothisforfun

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Does anyone search casinos for halves? I am located near a couple casinos well dog tracks that have slots, Do you ever get lucky going threw Slot machines? Such as going to halve dollar ones and putting 200 in cashing it out for coins and hunting them? Do they care or say anything to you? Does anyone do this or have any advice?
Thanks
Tim
 
Upvote 0
I have done this at two casinos in Miss. It is a little awkward to put a hundred dollar bill in a half dollar machine and push pay out. The noise is deafening to hear 200 halves hit the tray. Then you sit there in the dark scanning edges for silver,dates are out of the question. When I filled up 2 or 3 of those plastic cups, I went and cashed them in and started over. I guess it took me about 3 hours to get 2 dozen 40%ers. Then the old lightbulb above my head went on. I went to the main cashier's window and asked if they had any boxes of halves. The sweet young thing asked her boss for permission and sold me 10 boxes. I had to wheel them out to the car balanced in a borrowed wheelchair. On the way out, the head of security paid me a visit. He was sure I was laundering cash until he saw my Texas plates and the back seat filled to the brim with torn open paper rolls.
If you are looking for nice coins, a casino isn't the place. They are well worn with most of the edges slick. Cheers, Jim
 
Casinos are suspicious of everyone even if you aren't doing anything wrong.
 
95% of my half dollar searching for the past 2 1/2 years has been from casinos. I first started buying rolls in the casino where I work, now I do the "bills in/cash out" routine. Five to ten 40%ers per $1000 is my average with a 90% every now and then. It's nowhere near the results some people are getting with boxes from the bank but since the beginning of the year I've accumulated 18 rolls of 40%, one roll of 90% and almost half a roll of Franklins.

Yeah, the casino experience is noisy and smokey, but that's a given. Staying at the same machine simply cashing out $100 over and over is gonna attract security's attention, but if you move around and not be conspicuous you can go thru the equivalent of a box worth in no time while security guards work on their standing nap skills. ;D And once in awhile you hit a bonanza. Last November I found a machine loaded with 40%ers. For about the next three weeks I must have pulled out over 500. Walkers and even Barbers can be nabbed too, if you're lucky. Where ever you can search, just go for it!
 
Syay out of Fallon and Elko NV. There isn't a coin using half dollar machine in town.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom