D Dirty Digger Doug Hero Member Joined Jul 17, 2020 Messages 527 Reaction score 3,007 Golden Thread 0 Location Grand Rapids Michigan Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Garrett ATPro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 23, 2020 Thread Owner #1 Here is a picture of my finds from yesterday. Notice the cast iron bear head. It weighs about three pounds and is seven inches round. We'll after alight brushing, it's a dog. Possibly a English Springer.
Here is a picture of my finds from yesterday. Notice the cast iron bear head. It weighs about three pounds and is seven inches round. We'll after alight brushing, it's a dog. Possibly a English Springer.
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Oct 23, 2020 #2 Now ... That is a darn cool relic! I love it!
I islamoradamark Silver Member Joined Aug 26, 2016 Messages 3,650 Reaction score 3,995 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 23, 2020 #3 Halloween dog
Back-of-the-boat Gold Member Joined Apr 18, 2013 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 8,980 Golden Thread 0 Location California Detector(s) used AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 24, 2020 #4 Love it even more. As a bear I liked it, as a dog I am in love with it. Makes me think of my Irish Setter I had.
Love it even more. As a bear I liked it, as a dog I am in love with it. Makes me think of my Irish Setter I had.
SusanMN Silver Member Joined Jun 1, 2007 Messages 4,563 Reaction score 4,098 Golden Thread 0 Location Minnesota Detector(s) used Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 24, 2020 #5 It’s wonderful. I hope you find a great place to mount and display it.
D Dirty Digger Doug Hero Member Joined Jul 17, 2020 Messages 527 Reaction score 3,007 Golden Thread 0 Location Grand Rapids Michigan Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Garrett ATPro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 25, 2020 Thread Owner #6 I have it in vinegar and water now. It will soak for a few days then I'll start cleaning it and put up a post. Takes about a week.
I have it in vinegar and water now. It will soak for a few days then I'll start cleaning it and put up a post. Takes about a week.
SusanMN Silver Member Joined Jun 1, 2007 Messages 4,563 Reaction score 4,098 Golden Thread 0 Location Minnesota Detector(s) used Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 25, 2020 #7 Maybe you should change your name to Dirty Digger Dog?
ArfieBoy Gold Member Joined Aug 11, 2011 Messages 5,587 Reaction score 12,230 Golden Thread 0 Location N.E. Oregon Detector(s) used Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 25, 2020 #8 Being a dog makes it and even more "super cool find!"
Trezurehunter Platinum Member Joined Mar 22, 2003 Messages 20,465 Reaction score 25,962 Golden Thread 0 Location Illinois / Oklahoma Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 26, 2020 #9 I would say Springer Spaniel is a good guess, because of the detail in the ears. Looks just like them. Nice find.
I would say Springer Spaniel is a good guess, because of the detail in the ears. Looks just like them. Nice find.
Wildcat1750 Gold Member Joined Nov 18, 2012 Messages 5,022 Reaction score 4,109 Golden Thread 0 Location Western CT Detector(s) used AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 3, 2020 #10 I remember your earlier post. I thought for sure it was a bear. Thanks for the update!
D Dirty Digger Doug Hero Member Joined Jul 17, 2020 Messages 527 Reaction score 3,007 Golden Thread 0 Location Grand Rapids Michigan Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Garrett ATPro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 4, 2020 Thread Owner #11 Here it is finished.