What's new

Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

tinker

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pensacola, Florida
Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

Found at an early 1900s site. The piece is about 4" long. I'm guessing it would have a diameter near 10" when complete. It's cast iron and says MARK. The reverse is flat. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • photo.webp
    photo.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 374
Re: Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

I would guess its part of a cast iron trivet. They came in all shapes and sizes.

11-07%20Lot%20679.JPG


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

Welcome to T'Net tinker :icon_thumleft:
Trivet (part of) was the first thing that came to my mind too DCMatt :icon_thumleft:
tinker, any chance of a decent pic, rather than a scan?
Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

It looks like it has cogs on it, and the curved slot on the top .. I am thinking it is part of a piece of farm equipment.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

creskol said:
It looks like it has cogs on it, and the curved slot on the top .. I am thinking it is part of a piece of farm equipment.

I don't think those are cogs. I think they are letters. I can see the letter 'A' right in the middle. Better pics will tell the story.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Cast iron, flat, roughly 10" diameter circle

DCMatt said:
creskol said:
It looks like it has cogs on it, and the curved slot on the top .. I am thinking it is part of a piece of farm equipment.

I don't think those are cogs. I think they are letters. I can see the letter 'A' right in the middle. Better pics will tell the story.

DCMatt

My Bad!! I see it now that I look a lot closer .. as he pointed out, it says MARK. Thanks Matt!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom