What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Cast Iron piece with knob

IHC656

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
345
Reaction score
1,961
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this cast iron item on what was my Great Great Great Grandfather’s farm starting from the 1850’s.
It is hollow with a thru hole in the knob.
Flat mounting base measures 5 1/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches.
I see a number on the side (4225).
I suspect this is farm related.
 

Attachments

  • CEE418CF-1E88-4F18-8552-7EB609688DBE.webp
    CEE418CF-1E88-4F18-8552-7EB609688DBE.webp
    560.5 KB · Views: 124
  • A8804EBA-74E7-415B-8F54-6FD0D94A196D.webp
    A8804EBA-74E7-415B-8F54-6FD0D94A196D.webp
    694.1 KB · Views: 90
  • AB3E64C6-A8AE-4EDF-BC54-64E4643781F4.webp
    AB3E64C6-A8AE-4EDF-BC54-64E4643781F4.webp
    882.6 KB · Views: 93
  • BAF93F03-95A6-45C1-A3C3-6B1C34F04F1B.webp
    BAF93F03-95A6-45C1-A3C3-6B1C34F04F1B.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
Looks like something off a tractor( steering)
 
Upvote 1
Agreed on steering. Appears something like a large ball joint.
Thanks for the comment. But as a vintage tractor guy I am not convinced it would be from a tractor. But I do believe it is highly possible that it came off some sort of farm implement
 
Upvote 1
Thanks for the comment. But as a vintage tractor guy I am not convinced it would be from a tractor. But I do believe it is highly possible that it came off some sort of farm implement
You could be totally right. Especially with your experience as a "vintage tractor guy". Maybe it's an old type ball to pull wagons, racks or a plow....? I'm sure others will chime in and give some other possibilities or even KNOW...!
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom