What's new

Cast Iron Something

swizzle

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
457
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate ny
What do you guys think it is? Swiz

I'll even add pics this time. Swiz
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5283.webp
    IMG_5283.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_5286.webp
    IMG_5286.webp
    40 KB · Views: 357
looks like a piece off of a Loth's Hotblast Coal Stove that has the air intake control.
 
Upvote 0
The coal stove insert would make some sense. I've been pulling out cast iron stove legs and the cast iron circles. Still haven't found the rest of the stove yet. It'll look nice once its cleaned up a bit and painted and put in the flower bed. Swiz
 
Upvote 0
swizzle said:
The coal stove insert would make some sense. I've been pulling out cast iron stove legs and the cast iron circles. Still haven't found the rest of the stove yet. It'll look nice once its cleaned up a bit and painted and put in the flower bed. Swiz
or stick a candle in it for Halloween ;D

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Size? I put my hand in the pic for a size reference. I also got another response from another site saying that it might be a string holder for knitting. The pic they posted is actually quite similar. Swiz
 
Upvote 0
The pic of the bottom definitely is a vent that can be closed... or could be back in the day. :laughing9:

Mostly you see those type of vents on wood stoves, so...
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What The....
Replies
10
Views
815
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
455

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom