cdsieg Bronze Member Joined Mar 31, 2011 Messages 1,019 Reaction score 122 Golden Thread 0 Location WI Detector(s) used Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 23, 2012 #1 Is this old, or just a rusted modern hook? I found this in New Mexico at an RV park near Silver Springs ( I had the owners consent to hunt on his land). Attachments IMGP9121.webp 40.6 KB · Views: 146 IMGP9122.webp 40.3 KB · Views: 124 IMGP9123.webp 46.6 KB · Views: 119
Is this old, or just a rusted modern hook? I found this in New Mexico at an RV park near Silver Springs ( I had the owners consent to hunt on his land).
QUICKSILVER (appletree) Hero Member Joined Mar 1, 2007 Messages 971 Reaction score 156 Golden Thread 0 Location Griffith Indiana Detector(s) used Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll Sep 24, 2012 #2 my 2 cents is its modern and part of a trout line Upvote 0
diggummup Platinum Member Joined Jul 15, 2004 Messages 17,871 Reaction score 10,149 Golden Thread 0 Location Somewhere in the woods Detector(s) used Whites M6 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 24, 2012 #3 Yeah, trotline hook. Upvote 0
Kieth-Tx Hero Member Joined Jun 5, 2006 Messages 605 Reaction score 21 Golden Thread 0 Location Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas Detector(s) used Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 24, 2012 #4 Agree Upvote 0
cdsieg Bronze Member Joined Mar 31, 2011 Messages 1,019 Reaction score 122 Golden Thread 0 Location WI Detector(s) used Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 25, 2012 Thread Owner #5 Thanks for the feedback guys, I figured it was modern, but had the wrong fish! Upvote 0
diggummup Platinum Member Joined Jul 15, 2004 Messages 17,871 Reaction score 10,149 Golden Thread 0 Location Somewhere in the woods Detector(s) used Whites M6 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 26, 2012 #6 cdsieg said: Thanks for the feedback guys, I figured it was modern, but had the wrong fish! Click to expand... No, you got the right fish. You catch catfish with a trotline. I've never heard of a "trout line" though. Upvote 0
cdsieg said: Thanks for the feedback guys, I figured it was modern, but had the wrong fish! Click to expand... No, you got the right fish. You catch catfish with a trotline. I've never heard of a "trout line" though.
cdsieg Bronze Member Joined Mar 31, 2011 Messages 1,019 Reaction score 122 Golden Thread 0 Location WI Detector(s) used Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 26, 2012 Thread Owner #7 diggummup said: No, you got the right fish. You catch catfish with a trotline. I've never heard of a "trout line" though. Click to expand... Alrighty then! Thanks for the information Upvote 0
diggummup said: No, you got the right fish. You catch catfish with a trotline. I've never heard of a "trout line" though. Click to expand... Alrighty then! Thanks for the information