jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harrisburg telegraph. (Harrisburg, Pa.), 22 Nov. 1915.

mmmm.jpg

Harrisburg telegraph. (Harrisburg, Pa.) 1879-1948, November 22, 1915, Page 2, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my caving buddy hot on the trail. They located the building and are confident they are within 20 feet of the cave. Now the hard part, permission to dig and enter.

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in the area and would love to tag along. Taking a stab in the dark...... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fellows involved in this are serious cavers. I suggested involving the Tristate Grotto out of Martinsburg WV since they are doing digs under registered historical revolutionary era houses. I am assuming Greencastle officials may not want this to be known for voids under streets and properties are sometimes frowned upon and in most cases, filled in. Hopefully this cave system remains intact. They plan on using a historical approach to gain permission to pursue the project. I will contact Ryan and see if you can "join in". Waynesboro also has several caves under their streets and buildings but I am not sure if they are accessible. FWIW, there is a rumored "underground superhighway" that was built in the 70's that runs from Camp David to a point unknown in Bedford or Fulton County. I would hate to dig into that. LOL

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to school in Mont Alto. Fair amount of caves around. Also govt. facilities buried tunnels in the area. You won't get too close to them! Grin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread