cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
HEY! JEFF!
Wanta go look ? ???
"me'n Doc" will be in New Mexico for months this year
We could all swing over there and take a look :o
Just bring yur teethbrush ! ;D
(I prefer to use a Teeth Brush as apposed to a TOOTH Brush, gets more of them clean) ::)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Bill

I got the Adventure in my Mind but not in my Body anymore :(

Will be with yous in Spirit though wishing you Luck.

Jeff

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Jeff
We always have need of a "Coordinator" aka "Camp Sitter"
This person stays in camp and monitors the radio (walkie talkies)
Gives us, Map (topo) Information, provides camp security, takes photos,
checks the Internet for messages, etc !!
You're there !
But!
You stay in ( & around) Base Camp
AND!
Keeps the :coffee2: going !

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
shows how time changes stories. original version of that was they were in a hurry dug a hole and they went to the town of what is now Aztec to a farm there where they knew the family and neither were killed one died in prison the other lived to come back later on. Know the cave well spoke of in this. Does have some writings inside. But one is a date from the 1700s. Whole area is part of the old spanish trail. Been there a million times to the site. to bad the dirt here changes things from one year to another. sandstone has prob added a good 25 ft of new dirt in on top the old dirt. formations changed also in time. by the time one of them went back to find the stash he had no clue even close to where to look. big holes left uncovered everywhere. did someone get it?? could be. If nothing else always can find the nine billion nails and oilfield trash that is now there. Not to discourage your searching for it. But here is a hint of this area. The group that hunted down the two robbers were led to them by a local group of indians from the area. If you know anything of the indians in this area at that time. They did not go on killing sprees or raids like the wilder indians of the past. Most set back and watched where people hid things and retreived it later. That or just flat out robbed them then blamed in on other tribes. Also heard but cant prove that a person who used to own and run a metal detecting buisness in the town close to that all of a sudden retired and moved out of the country. Was well known he and some others hunted for it for yrs. Good luck on your hunt if nothing else its a pretty area to hike or just lean back to think of the past. Also be careful of small rains or oilfield trucks flying down the sand roads going in. One small rain the roads are like quick sand. One note to add. If you go there go east out of aztec towards navajo dam. On your left you will see radio towers all over one taller round hill that is the Gubernador mountain as known in the original story from the newspaper clipping done after the robbery and capture. Has been some full silver plate armour etc etc found in the past. And always after a good rain. Local groups have taken deep seek units and walk in a line back and forth for most of the area over the years. Pretty much cleaning things out. You have heard of the sounds of music in them hills??? Be prepared the old indian sheep herders have left tons of bean cans all over. Good hunting in any case always hope someone hunting finds something just to make their trip worth it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread