CBS: Obama Admin. Knew in 2010 That Millions Would Lose Health Plans At Work

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CBS: Obama Admin. Knew in 2010 That Millions Would Lose Health Plans

By*Matthew Balan*| November 26, 2013 | 15:40

Sharyl Attkisson uncovered another Obama administration falsehood about ObamaCare on Tuesday's*CBS This Morning, spotlighting a 2010 document from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services which "estimated ObamaCare would*collectively reduce the number of people with employer-sponsored health coverage by about 14 million". This is contrary to the White House's "repeated assurances that nothing will change for those insured through work".

Attkisson featured the cases of two small business owners who had to discontinue the health insurance plans for their employees, including a New Hampshire woman who "remains an avid ObamaCare supporter", despite the problems with HealthCare.gov. [MP3 audio*available here;*video below the jump]

Anchor Norah O'Donnell teased the correspondent's report by trumpeting how "employees*[are]*losing their current company health benefits because of the Affordable Care Act – Sharyl Attkisson investigates what the government knew was coming." Minutes later, co-anchor Charlie Rose introduced the segment by noting that "CBS News islearning another promise by the government isn't holding up. Some of those who get their insurance through work are losing their coverage."

The CBS journalist continued that "the government estimated all along that millions of workers will be dropped from their employee insurance under the Affordable Care Act. And for some, it's already happening." Attkisson spent much of her report highlighting how Nancy Clark, a "New Hampshire small business owner", and "Virginia Beach business owner" Betsy Atkinson, both had to "terminate" health coverage for their employees.

Later in the segment, the correspondent played three short soundbites of White House Press Secretary Jay Carney giving his "repeated assurances that nothing will change for those insured through work", and outlined the contents of the 2010 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services document:

SHARYL ATTKISSON: White House spokesman Jay Carney has given repeated assurances that nothing will change for those insured through work.

JAY CARNEY, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY (from press briefings): They don't have to worry about or do or change anything. This conversation doesn't apply to you. There is no change for you.

ATTKISSON: But in 2010, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services estimated ObamaCare would 'collectively reduce the number of people with employer-sponsored health coverage by about 14 million'. The reason is some big companies will opt to save by paying the relatively-small penalty for dropping employee insurance. Small businesses don't have to supply insurance, and may find new policies too costly.

Attkisson previously revealed on the November 12, 2013 edition of*CBS This Morning*that the Obama White House had*prior knowledge of HealthCare.gov's numerous security flaws, but went ahead anyway with the October 1, 2013 launch. Attkisson zeroed in on a government memo that warned about "important security risks discovered in the insurance system....'The threat and risk potential to the system is limitless'."* The journalist also*detailed on the October 30, 2013 edition*of*CBS Evening News*that the very structure of ObamaCare could encounter a "death spiral" due to the "enrollment fiasco" surrounding the federal website.

CBS: Obama Admin. Knew in 2010 That Millions Would Lose Health Plans | NewsBusters

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, what else can we expect when someone who has no business experience is placed in a position of power by a bunch of greedy idiots?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, even Fox News ran the story that many faux insurance plans would be going away under the ACA back in 2010. I guess when people stick their heads in the sand they end up surprised when they pull them out....

I kept my BC/BS plan, unchanged
I had a 2% increase come in the mail last month, far less than the usual annual price hike.
The ACA simply isn't an issue for me at all

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, even Fox News ran the story that many faux insurance plans would be going away under the ACA back in 2010. I guess when people stick their heads in the sand they end up surprised when they pull them out....

I kept my BC/BS plan, unchanged
I had a 2% increase come in the mail last month, far less than the usual annual price hike.
The ACA simply isn't an issue for me at all

Mine is up $185 a month.

BO and his adminstration lied and continues to lie and no amount of after the fact spin from the left changes any of that.

" if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance......if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor." Premiums will drop average $2500 a person...

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney " nothing will change for those insured through work"

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your insurance company is making a lot of profit off of you then...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Insurance companies are struggling under new federal mandates and over regulation. They didn't realize that helping push through Lucifercare could cause alot of hardship to them!

That I find funny. In their greed, thinking they could monopolize regions of the country they didn't know the rug would be pulled from under them By the great and powerful BO.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your insurance company is making a lot of profit off of you then...

It is United Health Care through a Fortune 500 company insurance. Increase is due to lucifercare just like the millions of others whose premiums increased because of lucifercare. ..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread