CCW & Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YO! Send yer "college-age" kids to Liberty University, here in Lynchburg, Va. Can "carry" in class-room with LU PD "permit"; LOCKED UP in dorms or something. "Google" LU Changed Concealed Weapons for "PERMITTED" ppl. Westboro Baptist Church... take notice (they were there protesting a vet's funeral); PATRIOT GUARDS (Bikers) were READY to "rumble" with WBC! Virginia is a "STAND YOUR GROUND" state.

VERY interesting responses... GOTTA read it!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The P. Guard just wants a respectful funeral for vets. No protesters up setting those in attendance. Seriously,voicing disagreement at a funeral? Let alone a veterans. Shame upon those who would do such.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A shooting range had a conflict with some one who built a home near them. While range "grandfathered" in and shooting not prohibited hours of shooting were. This by a home being built nearby. B.S. to me. (To many years of third shift,who cares about noise for a minority?)
Once protesters began shouting (i was not there to confirm) at funeral, disturbing the peace arises. Too, peaceful assembly not allowed every where either. Protests at processions has been argued, protesters wanting arrests,the guard one result.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, Virginia does not have a castle doctrine nor a stand your ground law on the books. I assume you do not carry, but if you do you should not ever try that sort of thing in Va. I am pretty sure it would be frowned upon.

If threatened you had better be sure you are in mortal danger, not just kind of skeered.

I invite you to look at this link. As well as anyone trying to obtain a concealed permit in Va.
Virginia Concealed Carry Permit Information

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel, Virginia does not have a castle doctrine nor a stand your ground law on the books. I assume you do not carry, but if you do you should not ever try that sort of thing in Va. I am pretty sure it would be frowned upon.

If threatened you had better be sure you are in mortal danger, not just kind of skeered.

LOL! I read ON-LINE that Virginia is like Florida... STAND YOUR GROUND; has it been changed...? DUNNO; MY training & 38 Snub-nose (Job) with weapon permit was in 1991... NO apologies! Do not CCW, now. MAYBE, I should, since I was Admin/Top Admin on Duty (Warden) at a MAX Security Prison; NOT scared!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" Stand Your Ground - WIKI; Virginia IS listed as one of the states...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" Stand Your Ground - WIKI; Virginia IS listed as one of the states...

As absolutely disgusting as it is one either has to believe in the first amendment or not. This is the good and bad of having the wonderful rights that we have in this country. Again I think this is the most disgusting thing to do but like neo nazi hate talk as long as protestors or speakers are doing it in a lawful manner it is their right under the first amendment. Though the first amendment also allows for a counter protest!!

Anyone who is pro second amendment should be very supportive of all of our constitutional rights. If you start chipping away at people's 1st amendment rights it will weaken your second amendment rights by definition.

Just my 2 cents.

NOPE! It was HATE-SPEECH/"Protest"... "google" their "web-site"; see for yourself; got a warning from TH. Westboro Baptist Church is NOTORIOUS for this; I reported as it was; can even find newspaper articles on this to "PROVE IT"! "Google" Westboro Baptist Church HOME PAGE; THOSE were/are the signs!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

I invite you to look at this link. As well as anyone trying to obtain a concealed permit in Va.
Virginia Concealed Carry Permit Information

WRONG! Virginia IS a STAND YOUR GROUND state... "google" STAND YOUR GROUND - WIKI for a listing of SYG states.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

LOL! I read ON-LINE that Virginia is like Florida... STAND YOUR GROUND; has it been changed...? DUNNO; MY training & 38 Snub-nose (Job) with weapon permit was in 1991... NO apologies! Do not CCW, now. MAYBE, I should, since I was Admin/Top Admin on Duty (Warden) at a MAX Security Prison; NOT scared!

"SKEERED"...? LOL!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nah... let "THEM" do it!

AH! So, NOW we KNOW! "the last part of that statement..." ("post" # 5).

BTW, BLAME Westboro Baptist Church for the "language", NOT I... "google" Westboro Baptist Church - HOME PAGE; 1st Amend. Right(s)... LOL!

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder if Rev. Phelps is carrying...? Westboro Baptist Church.

It certainly would be his second amendment right to carry and to defend himself if he felt threatened. Better watch out if counter protesting it would be well within his rights.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AH! So, NOW we KNOW! "the last part of that statement..." ("post" # 5).

BTW, BLAME Westboro Baptist Church for the "language", NOT I... "google" Westboro Baptist Church - HOME PAGE; 1st Amend. Right(s)... LOL!

Then if I ban the IPS from the offending post it is okay since Westboro must have posted it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respectfully Rebel, I believe wiki is stating that it is but not in the statutes. This does not mean that you should try it out. The Law has not come out and said it is real law.

It is accepted here that you should try hard to avoid confrontation.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It certainly would be his second amendment right to carry and to defend himself if he felt threatened. Better watch out if counter protesting it would be well within his rights.

"HATE" SPEECH...? LOL! "Google" Westboro Baptist Church HOME Page...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Respectfully Rebel, I believe wiki is stating that it is but not in the statutes. This does not mean that you should try it out. The Law has not come out and said it is real law.

It is accepted here that you should try hard to avoid confrontation.

YOU said Virginia is NOT a STAND YOU GROUND state; I said it is... THAT is/was the "issue".

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU said Virginia is NOT a STAND YOU GROUND state; I said it is... THAT is/was the "issue".
Exactly,, there is no law on the books stating either stand your ground or castle doctrine. Just informing you of the law so that no one here gets in trouble by an error in understanding the law.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Exactly,, there is no law on the books stating either stand your ground or castle doctrine. Just informing you of the law so that no one here gets in trouble by an error in understanding the law.

SO! Is it not STAND YOUR GROUND...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions