CCW & Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Liberty University has a LAW school; MAYBE, I should check with THEM...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liberty University has a LAW school; MAYBE, I should check with THEM...

Please do reb. I would like to know if I missed something! It would be nice to know that our rights for defense are stronger than indicated.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Please do reb. I would like to know if I missed something! It would be nice to know that our rights for defense are stronger than indicated.

HA! YOU are in Chesterfield, Richmond & the "BIG BOYS"... don't YOU have the info from Gov., et al...? Hold on; wife is screaming... DANG! It's SNOWING! PFFFTTTHH!

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lolol Reb, you would think so ,huh? As far as I am concerned the law is intentionally murky.

Lawyers make laws and even the lawyers do not understand all of the language. It keeps them in business.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well... stopped SNOWING; raining like it is supposed to. You gotta check out Westboro Baptist Church HOME Page... see THEIR language, which is NOT mine; they show it on signs at vets funerals... they SCREAM it, up-setting the ppl, who want to be at peace while burying their vet son/daughter KIA... 1st Amend...? Bah HUMBUG!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a huge problem with Westboro, they are a cult in my estimation, It makes it extremely difficult to give them their 1st amendment rights. I actually think they should be treated like the fire in theater thing, at least there should be a distance between them and the funerals the rant about! Let them scream at a mile away,, sounds like a good round distance to me. A protection order sort of thing. I keep thinking that they violate other peoples rights by their nonsense.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do have a huge problem with Westboro, they are a cult in my estimation, It makes it extremely difficult to give them their 1st amendment rights. I actually think they should be treated like the fire in theater thing, at least there should be a distance between them and the funerals the rant about! Let them scream at a mile away,, sounds like a good round distance to me. A protection order sort of thing. I keep thinking that they violate other peoples rights by their nonsense.

One man cult is another mans church. One might be viewed as an extremist by some, a hero by others. Look at the differing opinion of this site. Look at any very polarizing debate. Start messing around with the first amendment and the rest fall. I find it hard to believe anyone with a strong belief in the literal reading of the second can start coming up with reasons to deny people their first? Again I think these people are absolutely disgusting but an even stronger believer in the constitution and constitutional process.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picker. I think it would be great to yell at you outside your door and even in the soup line you eat at,, But I respect your citizenship so I will not.. strange, but I think, as an American, you have the same rights I have..

I am so disillusioned at times.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice picker. I think it would be great to yell at you outside your door and even in the soup line you eat at,, But I respect your citizenship so I will not.. strange, but I think, as an American, you have the same rights I have..

So what you are saying is that you don't believe in the first amendment?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well... stopped SNOWING; raining like it is supposed to. You gotta check out Westboro Baptist Church HOME Page... see THEIR language, which is NOT mine; they show it on signs at vets funerals... they SCREAM it, up-setting the ppl, who want to be at peace while burying their vet son/daughter KIA... 1st Amend...? Bah HUMBUG!

Pisses me off as well.

They may have a "right" to do it, but THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

In fact, if that dipwad bothered to read his Bible he would know he is doing wrong. "Let each one keep considering, not his own advantage, but that of the other person." Worded a bit different in the King James, but means the same thing. We all know translation is an imperfect art, just try Google Translate sometime.

If he feels they are dead to GOD, then he should abide by Jesus' word to "Keep following me, and let the dead bury their dead."

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you are saying is that you don't believe in the first amendment?

How laughable is this? Trying to tear up a straw man?
Hey, wait a minute... what does this sound like?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
One man cult is another mans church. One might be viewed as an extremist by some, a hero by others. Look at the differing opinion of this site. Look at any very polarizing debate. Start messing around with the first amendment and the rest fall. I find it hard to believe anyone with a strong belief in the literal reading of the second can start coming up with reasons to deny people their first? Again I think these people are absolutely disgusting but an even stronger believer in the constitution and constitutional process.

DISAGREE! With the LANGUAGE & DISRESPECT they show(ed)...? "Google" Westboro Baptist Church HOME Page; THAT is what I saw & heard! HA!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WBC is gonna be in Georgia, soon... DJ, cue the music by Charlie Daniels (who IS in Lynchburg, Va. for a concert, soon); Devil Went Down to Georgia... THANKS!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions