Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are saying i should post my whole book here?
Not gunna happen
A fraud would have backed down and hid by now
I GENE CARTER SOLVED CHURCH HOLLOW AND RECOVERED THE KETTLE OF GOLD

Thanks for the link to the video. Your post didn't link directly but it was enough. This might work better.

https://archive.org/details/TheDisappointment

I intend to watch it.
You need a good writer and editor. Writing a book which deals with historical figures will need solid research and organization, in my opinion.
Did you solve more than one treasure? I'm a bit confused.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! I am looking at the threads. Kind of a dive down a rabbit hole :) I'm going to watch the documentary also.
One problem with legends and tales I see is the way people embellish a story before passing it on. Or leaving parts out, confusing names, dates.
I am looking forward to see how this particular story ends.
Do you know of any good books concerning Missouri history and treasures?

That's very true! We had a place in Cedar County for many years and still have family there so even though that's not where the farm is, I'm really familiar with this particular story. It's got something for everyone like you said.

After you watch the documentary... you posted the direct link, that will explain a lot.

What counties are you interested in as far as books or stories? Most of mine are from Central and SWMO, but not every county.

Kace

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Church hollow

Thanks for the link to the video. Your post didn't link directly but it was enough. This might work better.

https://archive.org/details/TheDisappointment

I intend to watch it.
You need a good writer and editor. Writing a book which deals with historical figures will need solid research and organization, in my opinion.
Did you solve more than one treasure? I'm a bit confused.

Agreed, writing a book is a major undertaking. Im not a writer by any means.
This treasure legend had more than 1 cache, i am only willing to discuss the kettle of coins at this time.
I am not turning in this fortune due to the corruption in our government. I have all faith in Trump, but demonrats....i mean democrats are stonewalling what our country needs. We need secure boarders, but instead of spending taxpayers money on what taxpayers demand...a wall, they send ALOT MORE to 3rd world countries....isnt that illegal? They are stipping us of our rights to defend ourselves while they buy automatic rifles and tanks for the local police forces. Land of the fee, home of the slave.
This money is going EXACTLY where it was intended...funding the 2nd civil war.
WE AMERICANS HAVE A RIGHT TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM ENEMIES FOREIN OR DOMESTIC.

If i was to turn in the gold...id be a dead man...and not 1 dime would go to america or the wall, it would ALL go to politicians...not gunna happen.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING A WORKING LINK TO THE VIDEO.

Last edited:

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Church hollow

In the video cw spends many years digging along with sam austin. Cw mentions a pickaxe they found up on the cliff of the gorge, it was actually what he believed was a carving of a crossed pickaxe and shovel....but it was actually a compass, compare the glyph of the crossed pickaxe and shovel to the compass on the map in the 1968 magazone...ITS A HEADING. The 900 feet is the heading.
received_274201293253655.jpeg
received_2161548970575062.jpeg
received_535620356872407.jpeg
received_717391255278435.jpeg
The map in the magazine is sideways so i rotated it to true north.
The 3 men would not wanted to dig for years after the war to reclaim thier fortune, they wanted it to take a long time...miles of maps to locate it so that it would not be dug up while they were gone. It took me 3 years myself and thats with assistance of satalite, drones, and more. The Austin farm was only the starter. Only I found the stone maps, and yes all photos of my stone maps will be in the book.
The out of place artifact found in "big eddie" found 1 mile from the austin farm, the video says under 5 miles, look at the satalite pic in the video of big eddie location.
received_608950709541224.jpeg
received_977430412450170.jpeg
Its not osage indian, its Mayan. Its a stone drum, you hear it when brian springer taps it. Yes spaniards brought mayan slaves here...more on that in my book also.

NONE OF TNIS HAS EVER BEEN TOLD BEFORE ME, NONE OF THIS CAME FROM KEN MORRISON. HE ONLY STATED IT WENT ON FOR MILES BUT HE NEVER FOUND WHERE TO, NO PHOTOS FROM HIM, HE GAVE UP AFTER FINDING A PRINCE ALBERT CAN WITH A NAME ON IT, PRINCE ALBERT CAN DATED LONG AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, IT WAS A LOST TREASURE HUNTER. ALL THESE PICS ARE MINE, NEVER BEFORE DISCUSSED.

Last edited:

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I am looking at the threads. Kind of a dive down a rabbit hole :) I'm going to watch the documentary also.
One problem with legends and tales I see is the way people embellish a story before passing it on. Or leaving parts out, confusing names, dates.
I am looking forward to see how this particular story ends.
Do you know of any good books concerning Missouri history and treasures?

Indeed im not disclosing all of this story on this site...that would defeat the purpose of my book. None of what i posted is false or misleading, but yes there is alot more to it

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you...in my book there is photos of 2 entire stone maps that nobody ever found, each continues on and on. I also describe the entire process to solve them. This was NOT something stumbled on. It was 3 years of hard work, treasure fever kept me going 16+ hours a day. Why would a guy work so hard for 3 years without pay until the end? Take a look at what cw went thru...and he found nothing, he decided to place a compass on the glyph itself....rain erosion makes that impossible to be an accurate heading...the 3 men knew that, thats why they used 2 glyphs 900 feet apart.
Ken morrison never stated ANY of this

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive tried to contact Brian Springer but have had no luck, ive also messeged his mother Doris. If anyone can help me get in touch with Brian Springer, id be very greatful. Brian was with cw on the austin farm digging and documenting for years. Cw is now dead and gone, id like Brian to see the end of that fruitless search.

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video states that these 3 men had found a spaniard treasure before the civil war.
Screenshot_20181231-103817_Samsung Internet.jpg
It goes on to discuss kate austins diary.
Kate austing was an anarcist, she published her letters publicly.
The diary was A.J. Austins that was in kates possesion. Kate died in kansas where cw lived and thats how he aquired it. Cw did not know sam austin until they struck a deal, sam had the land, cw had the diary. Much of which was in the magazine including...30 minutes on heading, they never went 30 minutes.
received_282908285827508.png

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now read ken morrisons story again...HE NEVER STATED ANY OF WHAT IVE POSTED

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's very true! We had a place in Cedar County for many years and still have family there so even though that's not where the farm is, I'm really familiar with this particular story. It's got something for everyone like you said.

After you watch the documentary... you posted the direct link, that will explain a lot.

What counties are you interested in as far as books or stories? Most of mine are from Central and SWMO, but not every county.

Kace

Barry County. But SWMO in general. I'm just not familiar with what is available.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video states that these 3 men had found a spaniard treasure before the civil war.
View attachment 1665804
It goes on to discuss kate austins diary.
Kate austing was an anarcist, she published her letters publicly.
The diary was A.J. Austins that was in kates possesion. Kate died in kansas where cw lived and thats how he aquired it. Cw did not know sam austin until they struck a deal, sam had the land, cw had the diary. Much of which was in the magazine including...30 minutes on heading, they never went 30 minutes.
View attachment 1665810

I think your book should focus on your story, and briefly touch on pertinent people, places, events.
Any luck on the kettle dating? Was there much in the kettle?
Would you mind posting a photo of a couple of coins?
That would not affect your story.

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Church hollow

I think your book should focus on your story, and briefly touch on pertinent people, places, events.
Any luck on the kettle dating? Was there much in the kettle?
Would you mind posting a photo of a couple of coins?
That would not affect your story.

Still trying to track down an antiques expert that can date the kettle, seems theres TONS of antique sellers that are just fleamarkets, they can say "its old" thats about it. Anyone know where i should take it?

Sorry, i wont post pics of gold, feds and irs would be beating my door down, with this sort of treasure id be a dead man in custody.

The book is mostly the legend and its full solve, but im working on getting info of the past included. The local county history books go back and forth in timeline, difficult to keep straight. The book is almost done but no estimated time till printing yet.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Still trying to track down an antiques expert that can date the kettle, seems theres TONS of antique sellers that are just fleamarkets, they can say "its old" thats about it. Anyone know where i should take it?

Sorry, i wont post pics of gold, feds and irs would be beating my door down, with this sort of treasure id be a dead man in custody.

The book is mostly the legend and its full solve, but im working on getting info of the past included. The local county history books go back and forth in timeline, difficult to keep straight. The book is almost done but no estimated time till printing yet.

Creskol or others might have a different opinion and that's what you want are people who deal in this stuff on a regular basis...my thoughts are you'll need a separate authenticator from appraiser. Usually a conflict of interest.

Plan on somewhere between $350-$500 up front each from a reputable appraiser and then authenticity verification professional. You'll get detailed paperwork from both and that would include all measurements, photographs, damage, dating and manufacturer of the piece.

The appraisal can be used for insurance. You still have to pay if it's not what you think it is. I know your positive but that's how it works.

There are a few reputable Professionals in Kansas City which would be the closest city to you that have the type of professionals you need for the pot if you're hand carrying it.

You need to get their credentials and verify those. Easy to do. Their credentials and certifications will be on the letterhead you get back.

Kace

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Well I'm only 2 counties away...seems interesting enough...

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Church hollow

Creskol or others might have a different opinion and that's what you want is people who deal in this stuff on a regular basis...my thoughts are you'll need a separate authenticator from appraiser. Usually a conflict of interest.

Plan on somewhere between $350-$500 up front each from a reputable appraiser and then authenticity verification professional. You'll get detailed paperwork from both and that would include all measurements, photographs, damage, dating and manufacturer of the piece.

The appraisal can be used for insurance. You still have to pay if it's not what you think it is. I know your positive but that's how it works.

There are a few reputable Professionals in Kansas City which would be the closest city to you that have the type of professionals you need for the pot if you're hand carrying it.

You need to get their credentials and verify those. Easy to do. Their credentials and certifications will be on the letterhead you get back.

Kace

Thats a good lead, thank you Kace.
Any idea which are "reputable"?

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said earlier that i would have the kettle checked out this week. But considering i live and travel in a couple of converted greyhound buses that are parked and set up and not having an actual car...it may take a little longer. Ive been set up here for 3 years and my tags are expired on my buses, and insurance has dropped. Getting new tags at this point isnt easy. My bus needs inspected to get tags
received_278547079420103.jpeg
The car in that pic is now gone. My twin brother had brain surgery and needed it so i gave it to him

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I said earlier that i would have the kettle checked out this week. But considering i live and travel in a couple of converted greyhound buses that are parked and set up and not having an actual car...it may take a little longer. Ive been set up here for 3 years and my tags are expired on my buses, and insurance has dropped. Getting new tags at this point isnt easy. My bus needs inspected to get tags

The car in that pic is now gone. My twin brother had brain surgery and needed it so i gave it to him

Hmmm ...

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1666158

If it were me, there's a lot of car dealerships between Osceola and Boliver and in Stockton. I'd go online and then call them... pick out what you want that they have on the lot...Inventory is online and they will either deliver a car or truck to you or come get you to go to the lot for purchase and make the inspection of your bus part of the deal...to have a mechanic come inspect it, call insurance tomorrow and renew and you're ready to go get tags.

If the mechanics at the dealerships don't inspect/repair buses...Have Scott's RV's in Lowry City do it. I know they can and so can Wilder at 13 and 52.

Or, Leave that bus as it is for now and just buy the vehicle, have it brought to you....deal with the owner or finance manager only working out purchase details. In Missouri it has to pass inspection before selling to anyone, even used vehicles. Go get tags within 30days. You'll have a 30day temp tag to drive anywhere after you get insurance.

It's easy and down there, those folks are always happy to please. You'll be on the road tomorrow. They all are probably closed or close early today for the Holiday.

Kace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread