Cellar hole gives up Coronet Large Cents #5 and #6 and of course more buttons.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello fellow history hunters. Brrr it was freezing out there today in New England!

I returned to the cellar hole today with my friend Darren, who was equipped with a GT350. It was his first cellar hole hunt and found 4 buttons and assorted iron junk. I think I may have gotten him hooked. I worked the "front porch" and front yard of the cellar hole. The first thing we did was clear the fallen trees, then it was a slow process of clearing out the thick layer of fallen leaves. Eventually we were left with about 20 square feet of smooth surface to work nice and slow like. I turned down my sensitivity a bit and opened up my discrimination pattern. It worked out well because today I found 2 more coppers along with 15 buttons, nearly all from the front yard! That's a total of 6 Coronet Large Cents in 5 days from the same site! I am worried that I am setting the bar too high for future me. :laughing7:

See more pics/video and the other coins here.

HH and thanks for lookin! :thumbsup:

cellar-hole-finds-24Nov12.jpgLarge-Cents-24Nov2012.jpg

All the Coronet's found so far, together as a happy family.
6-Coronets---Cellar-hole---Nov2012.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4
Nice job, Dale! Productive day @ the cellar hole!

Hey Elad , dawg here , That's a sweet site ! I wouldn't be too worried 5 largies from the same place is extremely exciting , but wait until ya have a 16 copper day .. to set the bar . Break out the GPX if you want it to get wild and kraZy ;D

Great looking Large Cents and Awesome buttons! Way to go!

WICKED hunt!! That place is treatin u well. Keep cleanin and keep findin. Buttons r good but largies r Great.. CONGRATS.. HH

Looks like you guys have found a productive site. Those LCs are in nice shape but guess that's expected in a wooded environment. Keep hitting it hard, and good luck!

You're killing me! Great job!

Thanks all. I love this hobby!!!

I would be out there right now but I need a break!! I am exhausted from hauling around all these buttons and large cents.... :dontknow:

Thanks all. I love this hobby!!!

I would be out there right now but I need a break!! I am exhausted from hauling around all these buttons and large cents.... :dontknow:

My heart bleeds for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back