Central Tx hot spots?

cindy1576

Greenie
Feb 5, 2008
I have really been wanting to go out and do some treasure hunting. I have been trying to do some research about possible treasure in my area or other possible relic finds. I heard that the outlaw Sam Bass possibly has a hidden cache in this area (near the Longhorn caverns in Burnet i think) Was wondering if anyone knew of other "hidden treasures" or hot spots for relics in Georgetown Tx? From what I have learned, g-town is home to Southwestern University.... the oldest (?) university in TX (1884 i think it was) So I was thinking some areas near the university would be a good place to start. I have also found, from what I am told, an old hang out for the college students back in the day.... the Lions head springs..... a natural rock formation that looks like a lions head. I took my MD to the lions head, but didn't find anything yet. Will go again soon.

Anyhow........if anyone would like to share any stories, leads, I am all ears.

T

trish76642

Cindy girl? What part of texas are you in? Im 45 miles east of waco. Are you close to me? If so lets hook up and go treasure hunting together! I need a treasure hunt'n buddie! ;)

T

trish76642

Oh your in Georgetown? aww wished you were closer! :'( im sad now, lol..just knew i found a treasure hunt'n buddy!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Hello Cindy welcome to Tnet
i am from New York and not familiar with Texas but i found a list of ghost town through out your state....some may be too far for you to travel/some may be close enough for you to go and swing your detector at. click on the link below and find yourself some great stuff

http://www.texasescapes.com/TOWNS/Texas_ghost_towns.htm

We hope to see some of the treasure you bring back :)
HH
~Shawn~

OP
OP
C

cindy1576

Greenie
Feb 5, 2008
Trish....

Wish you were closer too! Would be nice to have a treasure hunting buddy. Not as fun going by yourself! Maybe one of these days we can find a hunting spot somewhere halfway. :-)

Cindyana Jones
( as by fiance now calls me)

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Hey Cindy: are the springs a beach area? or just a rock formation? If it is a beach you should try hunting in the water. I get up that way 3 or 4 times a year, and have a water machine. Thanks Gayle

Ocean Oso

Mar 6, 2008
Galveston Island
cindy1576 said:
I have really been wanting to go out and do some treasure hunting. I have been trying to do some research about possible treasure in my area or other possible relic finds. I heard that the outlaw Sam Bass possibly has a hidden cache in this area (near the Longhorn caverns in Burnet i think) Was wondering if anyone knew of other "hidden treasures" or hot spots for relics in Georgetown Tx? From what I have learned, g-town is home to Southwestern University.... the oldest (?) university in TX (1884 i think it was) So I was thinking some areas near the university would be a good place to start. I have also found, from what I am told, an old hang out for the college students back in the day.... the Lions head springs..... a natural rock formation that looks like a lions head. I took my MD to the lions head, but didn't find anything yet. Will go again soon.

Anyhow........if anyone would like to share any stories, leads, I am all ears.

Baylor is the oldest in Texas, 1845, and founded in Independence, Tx which is just outside of B/CS. Washington On The Brazos is also around the corner.

There is the legend of Jesse James leaving a treasure chest in Waco and it has been dug, but the water level of the Brazos keep filling the hole. A friend dug it several times for an Austrailian outfit and all they got were thatch.

Plenty of cache areas as well.

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
Cindyana Jones and Trish,
Honestly ya'll are not that far from each other.When I live din Central Texas (Kempner) near Ft.Hood.I detected from Ft.Hood up to Waco (and I was a member of the club there) and hunted over towards Tyler and all the way down to Victoria and back up to Round Rock to Hood again,and every place in between.

A few times in search of Civil War relics I'd drive over to Louisiana to dig.So truly ya'll are not far apart.Do some research for areas in betwen ya'll and hook up,it'll be fun hunting together and not alone which I did alot of while there.

Now here is a web site I used tremendously to aid in my research.
http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/

Also Cindy I hunted alot of homes out by Cameron,TX and had permission for several thousand acres out that way,just knock on doors and make friends.Good luck to you both.Daniel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread