What's new

Certified Dream Bag of Dimes!!

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Had my flex day off today so I dumped some halves which have been lukewarm in these parts lately. A bag of dimes was available so I bought it for $1000 and went through it on a wet, raw afternoon. Had the fire stoked. Good move! Most of the bags in the past have produced 5 to 10 silver but I must have caught an old collection - 70 silver rosies and 44 mercs!!! Almost every handful had silver and one had 6. I thought I was hearing things when I dropped the bag in my truck - yep it was that sweet silver ding.
Gman- I'll post the dates for the tracking list tomorrow - dates range from 1918 - 1964.


dimedrm.webp

18x1,35x1,36x1,39x3,40x14,40dx1,40sx3,41x10,41dx1,42x2,43x1,45x6,45dx1,46x1,46sx1,47x3,
48x2,48dx2,51dx1,52x1,52dx3,53sx1,54dx1,55sx3,56dx1,57dx1,58dx1,59dx1,60x1,60dx1,61dx3,
62x2,62dx4,63x1,63dx4,64x11,64dx21.
 
Upvote 0
Excellent bag of dimes! Congradulations!
 
Oh my Tim....what a strike!!! Congrats. I agree...you caught a collection. SWEET!!! I know you had fun....ha!

Kudos Tim. I like the layout of the picture too.....nicely done.......

Keep em coming......... ;)
 
I keep trying bags but have yet to hit on anything like that... awesome find.
 
Sweet Sweet Silver. Congats on that bag. I love the Merc's.

HH
Cat
 
Man, that is awesome! I love finding Merc's.
Congrats on the bag!

HH
vegasmtl
 
Nice dime bag. Congrats, may have to try to get one of them myself. HH Mark
 
You called it Tim, certified dream bag of dimes !

Isn't that a great sound, that silver hitting a hard surface ?

That ought to give you a weekend long rush.

But get out today....for banks are closed on Monday.

Again, awesome haul and kudos bud !
 
Thanks everyone!
MM- Good idea!
Never had any luck with quarters - but it would be worth a shot - damn if I didn't pass on them, to late...
 
Gooooooooo Tim!

HH
Gilbert
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom