Chain quest

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Ok how many of you have found gold chains? Not a gold chain with a charm on it, just the chain itself.
I have a Minelab Excalibur and also a Whites M6. The Excalibur nulls out over the gold chain on all the adjustments I try. The M6 hits at a 0 on the vdi with a foil reading, but it does register. I have found plenty of silver chains but no gold chains with the Excalibur.
So I need to dig all foil readings with the M6. That is my new quest. The only problem is leaving the excal at home. I have found a lot of rings with it.
So what’s your luck with gold chains?

Dale

Upvote 0
I think you just might have mounted your coil in the upside down or backward position while hunting. Hey just trade for a Bounty Hunter. :thumbsup:

Dale : Check my post on June 2nd and you will see that the Excalibur is capable of detecting gold chain
and as far as one with or without a charm on it should not make a difference - It's all the same metal
I actually took it out just to test it and mine detected it just fine - see if you can get someone else with a Excal to test your or compare it to - Cavedweller

I have not found one. Hunt with both the Minelab Sovereign on dry sand and Garrett Infinium on wet sand and in the surf. Nothing yet though I have found a couple of junk chains made of brass so I believe I would be finding heavier gold ones if they were there just not the lighter thin ones.

DaChief

I find them fairly regularly with my gold machine, even small ones, but not in wet black sand.
index.php

i have found 2-10k rope chains.....although both had charms on them.....there is no way of knowing if i have passed over chains WITHOUT charms

Dirt Fishin Dale....few months back I found one helluva gold chain using Xcal, only to lose it the next day at a different beach...(long story) but Guzz1 did see it before the sea took it back...rdi

They are hard to find, especially in the salt water. This is the only one I've found that didn't have a pendant on it.

Attachments

• 5-5-08-1.jpg
    5-5-08-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 5-5-08-1.jpg
    5-5-08-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 351
This was found in a play area and rang up a real low foil vdi on the mxt. I have found a few gold necklaces and bracelets this year. ALL HAD real low vdi readings. Chains are tough, but not impossible. Good luck. :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• Best Gold 08.JPG
    Best Gold 08.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Best Gold 08.JPG
    Best Gold 08.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 320
i was lucky on this one...very near the top, and there was coins near, so i might not have detected the chain, but the coins, not sure, but if i dig everything with my prizm 3, i can get chains...it comes up junk or a little foil, usually i do not dig, but now i will.....well, when i'm not lazy.....you know how that goes.....

Attachments

• IMGA0560.JPG
    IMGA0560.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMGA0560.JPG
    IMGA0560.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 317
Thanks for the replies.
I need to carry my gold chain, and the next time I see someone on the beach with another excal maybe they can give it sweep and see what happens. And for Trash Dudes reply. I do a lot of hunting with him but he wouldn't know gold if i jumped up on top of his coil. ;D

Yall have a good day

Dale

LoL,

And your chain quest still continues............... :tongue3:

Dale, at least your on the right track. There are more chains, earrings lost than rings. My long since passed mentor thought me how to "Micro hunt" for the gold. You can spend a whole day in one small section with a scrap piece of screen door to use as a sifter. Many thin chains and small diamond studs were found this way. He used a Gold bug 2 in the dry sand.

Well I took the M6 to the beach yesterday. I did an air test using the stock coil verses the Excelarator 16 d coil and had the same effect on the gold chain. I figured it would cover more ground than the stock 9”.
That coil drove me nuts. It hit bottle caps like clad. I had that coil for my DFX but the DFX died. So back to the standard coil and try again.
And by the way, people eat a lot of candy on the beach. I have the foil to prove it.
Not to mention the condom wrappers. (wont touch those with a 10’ scoop) :tard:

Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back