change counters at banks

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
New to this site---This may be a no-brainer to you guys--Everytime I walk into my bank I look in the tray of the coins that were kicked out of the system in the coin counter. Apparently a lot of people do not even look at their discarded coins. I find coins about every 5 or 6 times I visit the bank. Finds mostly include Canadian coins, bent coins, foreign coins, and wheat pennies. I walked in today and looked in the tray and saw 3 coins---a plastic play money penny, a 1929 wheatie, and a mercury dime. I did not have my glasses with me so when I checked the date it looked like 1916 with a mint mark. Well I was right, however it was an "s" instead of a "d". Still very happy for the find. Keep your eyes open! QUESTION--Can you buy the counted coins from the bank--I know the tellers well and was wondering if this is a common practice with your group.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes. Usually you have to wait until the bag is full (but not always). All you can do is ask!

Just an FYI - if you buy a bag(s) from a bank, do NOT bring them back to the same bank to dump. You'll probably loose your bag buying privilege VERY quickly!

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ive got 12 banks willing to order for me yet ive never found the magic to talk a bank into giving the coin bag off the machine. Now imagine how many silvers are still in that bag after you pulling a merc from the reject tray.

OP
OP
J

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
What do you mean by banks ordering for you? Like I said earlier--I am new to this. Thanks

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Some banks will order you boxes of coins just have to ask i always look in the reject tray have found a lot of silver and all types of other coins .Happy hunting Ron

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also check the grocery store Coinstar machine. I found a silver Rosie '53 just recently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions