What's new

change counters at banks

JoelB

Full Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
130
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
New to this site---This may be a no-brainer to you guys--Everytime I walk into my bank I look in the tray of the coins that were kicked out of the system in the coin counter. Apparently a lot of people do not even look at their discarded coins. I find coins about every 5 or 6 times I visit the bank. Finds mostly include Canadian coins, bent coins, foreign coins, and wheat pennies. I walked in today and looked in the tray and saw 3 coins---a plastic play money penny, a 1929 wheatie, and a mercury dime. I did not have my glasses with me so when I checked the date it looked like 1916 with a mint mark. Well I was right, however it was an "s" instead of a "d". Still very happy for the find. Keep your eyes open! QUESTION--Can you buy the counted coins from the bank--I know the tellers well and was wondering if this is a common practice with your group.
 
Upvote 0
Sometimes. Usually you have to wait until the bag is full (but not always). All you can do is ask!

Just an FYI - if you buy a bag(s) from a bank, do NOT bring them back to the same bank to dump. You'll probably loose your bag buying privilege VERY quickly!
 
Ive got 12 banks willing to order for me yet ive never found the magic to talk a bank into giving the coin bag off the machine. Now imagine how many silvers are still in that bag after you pulling a merc from the reject tray.
 
What do you mean by banks ordering for you? Like I said earlier--I am new to this. Thanks
 
Some banks will order you boxes of coins just have to ask i always look in the reject tray have found a lot of silver and all types of other coins .Happy hunting Ron
 
Also check the grocery store Coinstar machine. I found a silver Rosie '53 just recently.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom