Charging light solid green Is that normal?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been having this problem before I’m running out of battery quicker than usual. When charging it has a solid green light I think it used to blink when charging can somebody explain his problem to me

When being charged, the green light will blink off and on. When fully charged, the light will stay solid green until the unit is unplugged from the charger...then it will be off. It sounds like your battery has gone bad on you. I'd call Minelab if it's still under warranty. If not, take it to an authorized repair facility to have it replaced.

Last edited:
Check your charging cord. Maybe even swap it with your other one to see if that might be the problem. Look closely at the spring loaded pins in the plug. Those can get corroded and stick causing a bad contact. Use some silicone on them to help keep the contacts in good shape and corrosion at bay.

Time to call Minelab. This isn't going to fix itself. At least its the hotternhell season down there...

Make sure the contacts on the back of the EOX AND the contacts on the cable are very clean and shiny. When I'm wading in my area there is so much iron that the magnetic contacts collect iron dust then transfers it to the cable. That was an interesting two hours of my life trying to figure that out. Good luck

When being charged, the green light will blink off and on. When fully charged, the light will stay solid green until the unit is unplugged from the charger...then it will be off. It sounds like your battery has gone bad on you. I'd call Minelab if it's still under warranty. If not, take it to an authorized repair facility to have it replaced.

Now you see mines the opposite when I charge it it’s solid green and then the next morning it’s blinking green

Make sure the contacts on the back of the EOX AND the contacts on the cable are very clean and shiny. When I'm wading in my area there is so much iron that the magnetic contacts collect iron dust then transfers it to the cable. That was an interesting two hours of my life trying to figure that out. Good luck

You know I never thought of that I’ll checked

Check your charging cord. Maybe even swap it with your other one to see if that might be the problem. Look closely at the spring loaded pins in the plug. Those can get corroded and stick causing a bad contact. Use some silicone on them to help keep the contacts in good shape and corrosion at bay.

Thanks cuda good advice bro

Since the contacts on the back of the unit are exposed to the elements, I spray some electro-contact cleaner on mine after use as preventative maintenance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back