What's new

Charles II Farthing

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
These are this afternoons finds. Favorite for me a 1665 Charles farthing. Two jetons and a couple of hammered completed the finds. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8111.webp
    IMG_8111.webp
    246.2 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 36
You put yourself in some great places buddy. Nice work on a great looking group of coins
 
You put yourself in some great places buddy. Nice work on a great looking group of coins
Cheers Ahab, it was a nice afternoon, nice and warm, plus an interesting site.:thumbsup:
 
That's so cool. I know it may not be a big deal on your side of the pond but a hammered British silver over here is big news. Congrats
 
That coin is 53 years older than my city, which sort of started with the establishment of Mission San Antonio de Valero, which came to be known as the Alamo. Great find...
 
Excellent finds Rob congrats
 
Excellent Robert! I found one of those with the same date 2-3 years ago, and it the only one I've ever dug. Those babies re hard to come by, and yours looks to be in great shape. WTG, and congrats on the silvers too!!

121313f.webp

121313g.webp
 
Wow, those are so cool! Congratulations on such old finds! Excellent treasures!
 
Nice one Bill, I think they're harder to find your side of the pond. Here's some pictures of it cleaned. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8112.webp
    IMG_8112.webp
    175.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_8113.webp
    IMG_8113.webp
    184 KB · Views: 111
Very cool.
Well done.
 
Excellent Robert! I found one of those with the same date 2-3 years ago, and it the only one I've ever dug. Those babies re hard to come by, and yours looks to be in great shape. WTG, and congrats on the silvers too!!

View attachment 1313510

View attachment 1313511

Not surprised its the same date, as the most common, its the date I would have guessed.

I like the shortcross better, Rob.
 
Very nice! Good job!

SCD
 
Some amazing coins! Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice one Bill, I think they're harder to find your side of the pond. Here's some pictures of it cleaned. Robert.

Came out lovely Robert. And the detail on that jetton is exceptional!
 
Very nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom