What's new

Charm coin?

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any way to determine coin encased this good luck charm?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 107.webp
    Picture 107.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Picture 106.webp
    Picture 106.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 332
I would say that's a match. Thanks PBK :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Penny fits. Memorial, Wheat or Indian :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks CATFISHJK1 :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Sure makes cents ;D

I have some that are made out of circular cardboard and dates to 20's.

Great conversation pieces...all you need to add is a 1914D penny...

By the way, place the metal charm between 2 soft pine boards and slowly clamp with a bench vice...will straighten without flattening pattern...
 
Upvote 0
Thanks stefan for the straightening advise :icon_thumright:

Would be cool to display with a key date Wheat penny. The oldest Wheat I've found is a 1911, but it does have a nice patina.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Thanks stefan for the straightening advise :icon_thumright:

Would be cool to display with a key date Wheat penny. The oldest Wheat I've found is a 1911, but it does have a nice patina.

Key date is 1914D...AU condition...would be adequate to bring about a round of comments...and a lotta 'NO Shlts'
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom