Chase is closing my account

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to withdraw money a couple days ago from a Chase that I never use to buy some silver off craigslist. With an attitude, the teller says there is a restriction on my account and it is froze. I have to wait 30 minutes in an unpleasant Chase bank lobby, one that I never go to, to speak to a snobby banker, as I can't withdraw any of my money. He proceeds to "call" to see what is going on. All he can tell me is that my account is scheduled to close in 10 business days, the bank is "terminating" their "relationship" with me, and that something "suspicious" has happened flagging my account to be closed. He then makes me withdraw all of my money from the account ($500 and change at the time,) gives me a phone number to call for further explanation, but insures me they won't tell me anything, and sends me packing. What The :censored: .I've had no time to call to see what is going on as I've been extremely busy. I call the number, and the wait time to speak to someone is, get this, 45 minutes! I hang up and figure I'll call tomorrow (today.) I call today, and they say the suspicious deposits and withdrawals are the reason for my account being closed. Here's the problem, there AREN'T any suspicous deposits or withdrawals, I simply use my account like anyone would use their checking account! Chase bank accounts for 90% of my half pickups, and only about half of them are "referenced" to my checking account, as I exchange coins for cash. I then ask to speak to their manager as they are of no help. The next person on the phone says the same thing, so I again ask to speak to their manager as well. FINALLY the 3rd person up the ladder tells me that I need to have any Chase bank manager, and only a manager, send an email requesting "compliance" to see why exactly my account is being closed, and to ask to keep my account open. I will be going in tomorrow to do this. This person also explains that I could be a possible "threat" to the bank, and that is part of the reason too. That's all she can tell me, she proudly says. Funny, right? Me a threat to Chase Bank? Thank god I have a Chase credit card that they referenced my halves to, or they would not have given them to me. I simply couldn't see how this would be related to me ordering boxes from Chase. I have no idea why this is happening at all. Welcome to mega banking with the elitist banksters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
What? "gas is now over $5 a gallon, and is expected to go to $6 a gallon in the next week. At least in my neck of the woods anyway. Thanks Ben!"

I don't see gas over $4 hardly anywhere. You are over $5? Where is that? Expecting $6? Again - where??

Been outside lately? Gas has been over 4 bucks for 3 years in California. Current avg is 4.69
Expecting 5 by next year.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... The problem is too much greed, making some go to the well not only too much but weekly....

What is "too much greed?" Isn't that oxymoronic? I mean if someone is set up to do massive volume, then more power to him.

One of the issues that will come up even at different branches of the same institution is the high volume of cash transactions. This will lead to many currency transfer reports or suspicious activity reports being written thus involving the federal government who will then scrutinize the bank because of the high volume CRHer. They like the rest of us don't like it when the feds are scrutinizing and so then take the path of least resistance ... get rid of the account holder.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My County's largest bank with a dozen or so branches has completely stopped ordering coins to it's non-business customers. From what little info the sweetest Teller I've ever met, said four CRH'er has been driving them all nuts. She wouldn't even admit to having any customer wrapped rolls for me. Nope, no way. For that bank it's all over. I suspect many more will follow.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read thru all of the posts. I opened up a business account to avoid the previous 3 pages worth of comments. Banks do charge business customers for the services but if your going to do big volume its the only way to go. They (the banks) have our movements and transactions monitored. Going to multiple banks thinking that it will "fool" them doesn't work either... I have tried.
I opened accounts and when asked what my business is... I answered - finding old coins. I take them and put them in books. I pay a fee every month for my "business account" and when I come into the bank I get into the regular line (as opposed to the business line) and wait like everyone else. I walked in one day and "cut" the line (by using the business line) when customers saw me leaving with a cart full of coin one of them walked over to the manager and complained. It was the last time I took advantage of that.

Last edited:

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, just kidding! I wish I could do that kind of volume... I'm rotating the same 500 bucks for 8 boxes per week... good luck...!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you should have a convenient slip and fall accident in their lobby.If all else fails find something to sue the you know what out of them.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
$4.69 average? Even that is a little high, but maybe somewhat close. Over $5 per gallon today, and going to over $6 per gallon next week? HYperbole.

<<The old record gas price was reached in June 2008 when the average price for a gallon of regular hit $4.64>>

They are saying they think it could hit new highs next week. But that would STILL be under $5 per gallon. A nd this is the actual average IN San Diego TODAY, according to the monitors that watch it. Are there some higher prices? Yep. But to say "gas is now over $5 a gallon, and is expected to go to $6 a gallon in the next week" is hyperbole. Inaccurate. Not right. Heres' more information - from today. "Average regular-grade gasoline prices in San Diego jumped 19 cents overnight to $4.53 on Friday, a dime short of the mid-2008 record without adjusting for inflation,"

Are there some stations over $5 per gallon? Probably. But TODAY the average is $4.53, and I doubt next week the average will be $6 or more.

That's all I was saying. :-)

Paid $3.61 in PHoenix this afternoon. WIsh I could fill up some empty barrels and keep it for the high times! HA

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$4.69 average? Even that is a little high, but maybe somewhat close. Over $5 per gallon today, and going to over $6 per gallon next week? HYperbole.

<<The old record gas price was reached in June 2008 when the average price for a gallon of regular hit $4.64>>

They are saying they think it could hit new highs next week. But that would STILL be under $5 per gallon. A nd this is the actual average IN San Diego TODAY, according to the monitors that watch it. Are there some higher prices? Yep. But to say "gas is now over $5 a gallon, and is expected to go to $6 a gallon in the next week" is hyperbole. Inaccurate. Not right. Heres' more information - from today. "Average regular-grade gasoline prices in San Diego jumped 19 cents overnight to $4.53 on Friday, a dime short of the mid-2008 record without adjusting for inflation,"

Are there some stations over $5 per gallon? Probably. But TODAY the average is $4.53, and I doubt next week the average will be $6 or more.

That's all I was saying. :-)

Paid $3.61 in PHoenix this afternoon. WIsh I could fill up some empty barrels and keep it for the high times! HA

Fuel prices will be going down quite a bit very soon, a appreciating dollar is the just cause.

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fuel prices will be going down quite a bit very soon, a appreciating dollar is the just cause.

No, no they won't. They are going to continute to surge. There's now 40 billion more in physical cash in the economy right now than there was last month, which has drove the purchasing power of the dollar down even more. Welcome to QE3.

It's never too soon for this Solid Rolls. Never forget that. Glitter Blast or Die.

I'll be going in to have a sit down with a bank manager tomorrow, I'll post the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, no they won't. They are going to continute to surge. There's now 40 billion more in physical cash in the economy right now than there was last month, which has drove the purchasing power of the dollar down even more. Welcome to QE3.
Bingo!!

Look for QE4 quickly as Wall Street said QE3 wasnt enough.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i saw driving around today was 4.69, 4.79, 4.89, downtown its all 5.50 the calculated average is likely lagging behind a day or 2 or 3.

re-read my post it's all price gauging from the inside, trust me, I worked as a process engineer, and the volume control people are part of our department. 2 Major refineries down in or reduced in production is what the SHARKS LIVE FOR!

Any other state would be ok, they would just import more gas, again re-read my post as to why CA cannot.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bingo!!

Look for QE4 quickly as Wall Street said QE3 wasnt enough.

Quantitative easing is a excellent method of boosting/supporting a healthy economy,on paper it is a picture perfect method,in reality it is still excellent but suffers from a few flaws.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quantitative easing is a excellent method of boosting/supporting a healthy economy,on paper it is a picture perfect method,in reality it is still excellent but suffers from a few flaws.

QE is just selling short term debt to raise money to buy long term debt to lower the yield on 10 year treasuries that effect mortgages and business loans. It is unsustainable because someone has to buy this short term debt that is issued and the more debt that is issued hurts the credit rating and dampens demand.

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
img002.jpg

Just got this in the mail today. I had a Chase branch manager send out the email today, I should hear back by Wednesday, as Monday is a Holiday.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please don't feed the troll.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread