Chase is closing my account

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to withdraw money a couple days ago from a Chase that I never use to buy some silver off craigslist. With an attitude, the teller says there is a restriction on my account and it is froze. I have to wait 30 minutes in an unpleasant Chase bank lobby, one that I never go to, to speak to a snobby banker, as I can't withdraw any of my money. He proceeds to "call" to see what is going on. All he can tell me is that my account is scheduled to close in 10 business days, the bank is "terminating" their "relationship" with me, and that something "suspicious" has happened flagging my account to be closed. He then makes me withdraw all of my money from the account ($500 and change at the time,) gives me a phone number to call for further explanation, but insures me they won't tell me anything, and sends me packing. What The :censored: .I've had no time to call to see what is going on as I've been extremely busy. I call the number, and the wait time to speak to someone is, get this, 45 minutes! I hang up and figure I'll call tomorrow (today.) I call today, and they say the suspicious deposits and withdrawals are the reason for my account being closed. Here's the problem, there AREN'T any suspicous deposits or withdrawals, I simply use my account like anyone would use their checking account! Chase bank accounts for 90% of my half pickups, and only about half of them are "referenced" to my checking account, as I exchange coins for cash. I then ask to speak to their manager as they are of no help. The next person on the phone says the same thing, so I again ask to speak to their manager as well. FINALLY the 3rd person up the ladder tells me that I need to have any Chase bank manager, and only a manager, send an email requesting "compliance" to see why exactly my account is being closed, and to ask to keep my account open. I will be going in tomorrow to do this. This person also explains that I could be a possible "threat" to the bank, and that is part of the reason too. That's all she can tell me, she proudly says. Funny, right? Me a threat to Chase Bank? Thank god I have a Chase credit card that they referenced my halves to, or they would not have given them to me. I simply couldn't see how this would be related to me ordering boxes from Chase. I have no idea why this is happening at all. Welcome to mega banking with the elitist banksters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
THE CONCLUSION

I finally got around to calling the manager who sent the email to Chase requesting why my account was closed and to request to keep it open. He told me that Chase still would not tell why my account is being closed. He also said that I will never be able to re-open an account at Chase, and that the bank will no longer be doing business with me. I wonder if they'll close my CC too. All he could think of is if I did any "large cash transactions," that it could have possibly flagged my account. I told him I ordered currency, in transactions of up to $3000 (not through my account of course, just straight exchange,) and he said it's likely that was the reason. Time to open new ordering bank accounts, there goes 90% of my boxes. Only 2 branches haven't asked me for my card yet, and the other 4 that never carded me crumbled this week. I only did 26 boxes this week, and found about $50 worth of silver. I spent about three times that in dumping fees, bags, and fuel. Ontop of losing money every week for the past two months as I'm not finding silver, and now this, I AM NOT a happy camper right now.

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nuts. Can you figure how much they could have traced to your account in weekly orders? Right now I am pulling about $2000 from chase (4 boxes/week). But I also have a very sizable savings deposit with them.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow... that's pretty rough. Take a break, drink heavily, and regroup. Time for plan ˝B"...! Paying fees to dump might have made sense with your heavy volume, but now...? May be time to look at the hobby from a fresh perspective, which I'm sure you've done non-stop since your trouble began... As always... good luck and HH...!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lesson here is to not overburden any one bank... You were probably costing them a few thousand dollars a month.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be time to move on to garage sale-ing or scrapping. Maybe hunting pennies for errors? I would take a break for awhile if I were you and get back to it after a bit

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they refuse to tell you why they booted you, it is because that certain someone prohibits them from telling.

When the ever watchful eye sees something suspicious going on in your banking habits, they tell your bank to terminate you and forbid them from telling why. It is because they don't want to disclose what type of activity they are watching for. That is because they don't want the evil doers to know what they watch for and thereby know what they need to hide.

Now, don't you feel more secure in your home land? It's all worth it if you feel a little bit more secure.

HA! It's not the government, Chase is known for closing accounts all the time. More than likely his large volume played a role in his account closure, but there are plenty of stories out there about people who had their accounts at Chase closed for things that are seemingly irrelevant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread