Chattanooga Region , greetings !

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My first detector was a Compass 77B to throw in the back of our FJ-40 Landcruiser while off roading the mountains surrounding the Tellico River in the mid 1970's. First hunted Rocky Face in the late 70's. I hunted 25 years. I got out in the mid 90's with a Bandido being my last detector. I just bought a tesoro tejon and am excited to get back into the game. I will hunt from Knoxville to Atlanta. I hope to make a winter trip to Corinth every now and then. I'm 59 years old , i have a little touch of asthma and bad knees so i won't be climbing Ringgold Gap ! but looking foward to getting back into the field ! I'm more about the history than being obsessed with finding virgin camps. My ancestors worked on The Western & Atlanta Railroad. All of them drove The General almost everyday until Andrews stole it. Also ancestors in Bennings Brigade , 2nd Georgia / Longstreet Corps. I will always have fond memories of my friends and mentors like Amos Taylor and Lawrence Christopher who blazed the trail for us. God Bless Them Both. Other hobbies include Amateur Radio and Whitewater River Running. I hunt during the week. The weekends are reserved for the wife and our Harley Davidson. Lets hunt !

Last edited:

toni&kirk

Oct 2, 2013
South Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett Ace 150's
Two cheap pin-pointers.
Two long handle sand scoops.
Too much work and not enough time to dig.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chattanooga, I'm from Athens,TN but been in Oregon 10 years. Miss Tennessee.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from florida.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My GG Uncle was W.A. Fuller.All my family worked for the W&A and I also built bridges and tracks and worked train wrecks for several years. Greetings form Chattanooga also. I live on a battlefield. Holler at me and I will fire the Harley up.
TnMtns

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:Hey roaddust66, just a little above ya in Rhea County. Give me a shout when ya get a chance and we will stretch the legs on that new Tejon. Been in some scattered relics as of late as well as hunting a pretty well hunted out CW camp up here, but still pulling a few bullets and buttons. Really been in some old home sites near the TN River but waiting on the hay to be cut again to see if I missed much on a couple of them with my G2. Fixing to hit a ferry landing that I think will have some real potential this weekend. Should be virgin but we all know how that goes. They should be through with the corn tomorrow or Friday and I am off to the races on it. Best of luck.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I be darned . We need to get togther for coffee. I have a rail road watch that was used on the general.

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the greetings. Maybe we can see if Spears really had 10,000 men at Blythe's Ferry ! I never hunted that but I have time now !

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Kirk , I found a rebel camp in Athens once ! I'm taking this new type machine back up there sometime ! We dug enfields and cast I buttons up there !

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks buddy !

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NCcoinDigger

Jul 2, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 - Stock 12", 6x10 DD, 5.3 Concentric
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Burlington, nc! I'll be in the gatlinburg/Cherokee are this coming weekend. That close by?

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for all the greetings !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread