Check alone the fence

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been a couple stories in W&E Treasures about how to find paper money at the beaches.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I did exactly that today at a park. There was a chain link fence on the edge of a large parking lot and I metal detected along the length of it. I found a handful of modern coins. Along the edge, there was a lot of debris that looked like it had been washed off the lot by heavy rainful. Evidently it washed the coins off also (?).

rickomatic

Greenie
May 14, 2010
Snohomish WA
Detector(s) used
some el cheapo right now
My daughter has a friend who works for the Department of Transportation, and he was telling me about all the stuff they find along roads and freeways. He said that the DOT workers know where all the "cash" locations are. He said that certain wind and terrain patterns tend to focus paper trash, and money in "rich" areas, and they never are short of volunteers to go out to clean up those places.

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found lots of paper money along fences, in grassy areas and parking lots
my eyes never stop moving when I am in those areas. I'm talk'en 50's 20's 5's and
of course lots of 1's:occasion14:

Handyman

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A similar set of circumstances occurs at a park in my area. Every fall the maintenance people use a powerful blower to clear away the leaves. They systematically heard them into a river that borders the park. The blower also moves surface coins along with the leaves. The coins hit the brush along the edge of the river and drop to the ground while the leaves blow on over. Curious thing is I find lots of dimes and pennys, but fewer coins of other denominations. Blower must only have enough force to lift the lighter stuff. It's all clad, but concentrated in a tight area, easy to recover, and pays for the batteries.

midwestmark

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2013
michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother worked for a company that cleaned parklinglots. He had a 30 oz jar half filled with gold and sterling he found over the years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread