What's new

Check this Cud out!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I found this in change about 10 years ago, but had stashed it and then found it today after cleaning some of my collection. Figured some here may enjoy it. It's the largest cud error I think I've ever seen.

picture509.jpg


picture510.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Very nice, Doc. I have a nickel that is about like that!
 
kestrelia said:
That's awesome. Any clue as to its value?

Not sure. I checked Ebay and it seems there are less noticeable cud errors going for around $5 each.
 
Very cool error. I am sure people who aren't familiar with cuds thought they were going to see a picture of a COW
 
utah hunter said:
Very cool error. I am sure people who aren't familiar with cuds thought they were going to see a picture of a COW

Yes, I was hoping to see a nice plump heffer but instead I got some damaged coin. BRING ME THE COW!!!
 
Treasure-Slut said:
utah hunter said:
Very cool error. I am sure people who aren't familiar with cuds thought they were going to see a picture of a COW

Yes, I was hoping to see a nice plump heffer but instead I got some damaged coin. BRING ME THE COW!!!

Fire up the barbeque ma, we are having steak tonight!!!!
 
utah hunter said:
Treasure-Slut said:
utah hunter said:
Very cool error. I am sure people who aren't familiar with cuds thought they were going to see a picture of a COW

Yes, I was hoping to see a nice plump heffer but instead I got some damaged coin. BRING ME THE COW!!!

Fire up the barbeque ma, we are having steak tonight!!!!

I'll be ruminating about this post for a long time, I'm sure! Now, wouldn't it be cool to find a similar error in silver, in the ground?
 
Very nice cud there Doc. At least you know the date is somewhere between 1980-1998.

I've only ever found penny and nickel cuds, and none that big. Nice going!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom