What's new

Cud error?

clhouse19.5

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Explorer,MXT,Tesoro Mojave,Whites GMZ, MINELAB GM 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking my change after coming home and this dime jumped out? I think it’s a 2020 Rosevelt dime broken nose cud error. Also if anyone has info on this Jefferson nickel I found yrs ago ? Many thanks!
IMG_5887.webp
IMG_5889.webp
 
Upvote 4
Does that hole go right through the dime?
Looks like it fell victim to a torch.
 
Both PMD, imo. (post mint damaged) (in my opinion)
Close examination of the date shows very light strike and mint mark is unrecognizable so ??? I’ll have someone with better eyesight a look.
 
Does that hole go right through the dime?
Looks like it fell victim to a torch.
Doesn’t have a hole must be a shadow and my poor photography.
 
Both are just damaged. The dime has been exposed to high heat causing the outer clad layer to bubble up and separate from the inner copper core. The nickel appears to have been hollowed-out, this is often done to create a "magician's coin" where a cent is placed in the hollowed-out part. The trick is to make a cent turn into a nickel. Another variation is a two headed or tailed coin, one coin is machined to accept another that has been cut down. The inserted coin may have come out.
 
Close examination of the date shows very light strike and mint mark is unrecognizable so ??? I’ll have someone with better eyesight a look.
I was once tested to 20-15 in my left eye.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom