cherry valley area

Most town / city property is open to metal detecting. Where I live we have a total of 2000 acres of parks, plus 25 schools, plus other properties own by the city. It's always best to go in and check, but I have never been refused. HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I live in Sidney ,NY. Been there once . Check out the farm fields ,along streams, high mounds in the woods . A lot of history in that area. Ask some of your hunting buddy's if they came across any cellar hole, old rock walls while deer hunting . Find an old trail or original road in the woods. Cherry Valley is full of History during the revolutionary war. Main stopping place in the 1700,s for pioneers before heading in the Delaware county area. I would think the woods and fields are loaded.

I am also from the cherry valley area and am fairly new to detecting. I have been down to Alden Park once just to sample the playground area for change or jewelery but all i found was a lot of random small chunks of aluminum within the wood chips. I then spent about 20 minutes by the old playground on the other side of the creek and found the top of a very old soda can. If i learn of any good spots, ill let you know and maybe we can detect together at some point! Happy Hunting!

I think that would be great! I know of a couple different areas right outside of cv. That would work.

Send me a message if you ever want to go out....I'm from the Albany area and not to far from you. Been detecting for a few years now. I was lucky when I started detecting to have the help of a veteran detector who gave me lots of advice. Seen many people give up the hobby because they were not finding things...mainly because they were not looking in the right spots or didn't know how to use their machine. Ground is pretty much frozen in most spots so hopefully the warmer weather will be here soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back