What's new

Chert book?

hbrown22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
385
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Can someone give me the name of the book about chert? My husband & I came across a huge amount of nodules and I'd like to identify them. I believe there is more than one kind there and it doesn't appear to be a vein. It's like geodes but its different colors and patterns of chert. Most are broke open. I did find a nice size agate as well. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
You will have to check the edges to see or feel if they have secondary flaking on them. Not all artifacts were flaked across the flat sides. I find quite a few with just the fine flaking on the edges only. Here is 4 examples but I have many more.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3034.webp
    100_3034.webp
    112.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_3040.webp
    100_3040.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_3279.webp
    100_3279.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_3282.webp
    100_3282.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom