Chicken feed coin

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
Found this at church property. I’m surprised i was able to retrieve it it’s smaller than a dime and kept looking with pinpointer and finally got it. Says it’s 1930s toy coin. On the back it says “ One Henny”

Attachments

• IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
Upvote 25
Play Money is a fun find !

I've cleaned up a bunch of them and put them in my Relic Album.
I remember having a Toy Cash Register that came with play money coins in the 1960's.
But, I never found one with "Chicken Feed" on it.

I've found the "wooden nickel" and "one thin dime" types.

Nice. Ok, here's mine lol! They are very much on the small thin side. They were exciting to find, I briefly thought the first one was a small foreign silver coin. My heart was racing and could hear another just beside it....PLAY MONEY! 😖
Oh well, blessings come in strange denominations.
IMG_20240417_194610.jpg

Nice. Ok, here's mine lol! They are very much on the small thin side. They were exciting to find, I briefly thought the first one was a small foreign silver coin. My heart was racing and could hear another just beside it....PLAY MONEY! 😖
View attachment 2144151
Yes I agree, I thought it was a foreign coin at first

Found this at church property. I’m surprised i was able to retrieve it it’s smaller than a dime and kept looking with pinpointer and finally got it. Says it’s 1930s toy coin. On the back it says “ One Henny”
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2144151
Sweet! I just found BOTH of those coins/tokens, yesterday! It was the same thing- found one, couldn't read it, got excited, found the other right next to it! And yep! I chased them around in the dirt, with the pin-pointer, even swinging over it several times before locating the tiny boogers! I know I WAS BLESSED to find them!

Sweet! I just found BOTH of those coins/tokens, yesterday! It was the same thing- found one, couldn't read it, got excited, found the other right next to it! And yep! I chased them around in the dirt, with the pin-pointer, even swinging over it several times before locating the tiny boogers! I know I WAS BLESSED to find them!
Yeah so tiny , glad you recovered them

Your play money token is part of a series made in aluminum by Tracies, Inc. of Hoiyoke, Massachusetts. This particular series dates to the mid-20th century and contained a 'half buck' and your 'henny penny,' among others. Tracies also made play money out of other metals (even wood) and there are collectors who seek out these items.
Don.....

Funny find 😀👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back