What's new

Childrens easel estate sale find

Ramswin

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Hello.
(I'm re-posting this because the first time I did it the pictures were way too big.)

I bought an old child's easel at an auction yesterday and I can't identify the age or the maker.
I'm including a couple pictures including a pic of the partial label that remains.
Also if anyone would care to speculate on if I got a bargain, I bought it for $27.50.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

This is the third time I have posted a question. The first two times were unqualified successes.
You people are amazing. icon_thumright
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4086.webp
    IMG_4086.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_4089.webp
    IMG_4089.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_4096.webp
    IMG_4096.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 293
Too bad the name of the company is worn off. I see the initial J. The next letter appears to be C, O or G.
 
Upvote 0
J. C Penney Company Inc. LITTLE JIM PLAYTHINGS
 

Attachments

  • toys little jim.webp
    toys little jim.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
Here's a bit of info. I found related to a different toy made by Little Jim Playthings. J.c.penny Co.


http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?AuctionItemID=20031


Hope this will be of some use to get you started on your quest in searching for a time era that your easel was produced.

DJH
 
Upvote 0
That may date it in the 1920's. It may be be worth several hundred. Anything with a dirigible will get attention. Nice find.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom