What's new

Childs play

nova

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
926
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Child's play

Anyone seen one of these before? I would appreciate any info on it. It measures 3" long
2" 1/4 wide.
 

Attachments

  • belt.webp
    belt.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 292
  • belt 001.webp
    belt 001.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 271
Re: Child's play

Bacchus was the Roman god of wine and merry-making. The goat was considered to be sacred to Bacchus, and traditionally accompanied his followers. Playful representations of cherub-like children as the characters in ancient myths were traditional subjects in 17th and 18th century art.


What this piece is I cannot say... buckle or decoration? No clue.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's play

Wow! What an interesting find :thumbsup:

I do see a line of epoxy type glue on the back of it, looks like maybe it was mounted on some other thing.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's play

Novaman said:
Anyone seen one of these before? I would appreciate any info on it. It measures 3" long
2" 1/4 wide.

I wonder if the picture plate is original to the back plate plate? Somehow, with the crudeness of the back, I would guess it was a more recent add-on to transform it into a buckle. Anyhow, that is certainly a unique find. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
5
Views
824
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
550

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom