- #1
Thread Owner
Does anyone know the provenance of this bas relief? I know the scene has been taken from an ancient Chinese stele. I would like to know when this item was made, where and any other info. Thanks
I don't know how to make this image smaller. The dimensions are: 8" wide x 17" long.
I don't know how to make this image smaller. The dimensions are: 8" wide x 17" long.
I'm sorry but I'm not that familiar with Ancient Chinese folklore. You might want to include a photo of the reverse side and describe to the best of your ability what the medium is. My suggestion to you would be to contact Sotheby's in London and send them a photo of it. They'll be able to tell you in 2 seconds whether it's of any value or not. The largest market for these types of art works is in Asia.







