What's new

Chinese coin??

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me the age of this coin? I dug it at an old (1800,s) foundation..Thanks Rich.
 

Attachments

  • chinese2.webp
    chinese2.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 406
  • chinesecoin.webp
    chinesecoin.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 712

Attachments

  • chinese cash.webp
    chinese cash.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,400
  • chinese cash.webp
    chinese cash.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Thanks bigcypresshunter. Figures, my oldest coin and it's Chinese ??? Big green check :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
richm said:
Can anyone tell me the age of this coin?
Good ID Soupie! :icon_thumright: Its not hard to post the pic and the date (the age). :D An old coin but unfortunately little value. I found a rare variation.
 

Attachments

  • chinese rare lung.webp
    chinese rare lung.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 518
  • chinese rare lung.webp
    chinese rare lung.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
Big thanks to the soup for the I.D. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Soupie said:
Thanks Rich and BigCy,I knew this one as it was the last chinese coin I researched,would have looked up a pic but my eyes are just now healing up after looking up the last one....those babies are hard on the old eyes... :laughing9:

Anyhow as I said,that is a nice find,it isnt always the value,just think how long that coin has been around,I wonder where all it has been,how it ended up where it was...makes a person wonder :thumbsup:
Exactly! This coin was found not even a block from what they call "the docks" on the CT. side of Long Island Sound, where all kinds of immigrants came to shore in the 16 and 1700's. To hold something in your hands after so many years is awesome. It's why I detect...Rich.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom