lightspirt
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 26, 2023
- Messages
- 279
- Reaction score
- 109
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- West Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- Spirit of the Universe
- #1
Thread Owner
Thanks Red-Coat, i appreciate the time you put into this.Nice though they are, prints like this reproduced in modern times for sale in museum shops don't have a great resale value. Although they may originally have been quite pricey, if nicely framed they generally resell for anything up to about $50 (unless they're from limited edition runs). If you Google for eBay listings you'll see both of those prints offered at a variety of prices.
One eBay seller has the "Old man and Child on Buffalo" print listed at $150 but I think that's a highly speculative price which won't be realised.
I found two similar prints that I identified using the Smithsonian's Asian Art Collection Archive. There are tens of thousands of works in there and each usually has a lot of information about them. I see that the catalog #, artist, title and name of collection are already listed on your prints...mine had nothing to indicate what they were. So, after trying a bunch of refined search terms I still had to search hundreds of prints...but I found both in their collections. My prints are apparently actual lithographs printed in France or something. But, just the same, I don't think my resale would be much more than my principle either. I didn't think they were rare, but looked nice and they were in good shape along with the frames.Thanks Red-Coat, i appreciate the time you put into this.