What's new

Chinese ring?

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
I found this ring in the ocean yesterday and am hoping that someone can tell me what it's made of.
It is quite heavy for a fairly small ring, 8.7 grams / size 8.
I thought it was stainless steel but it passed the magnet test.
It is bronze colored but unlike bronze, it is very shiny and not tarnished at all.
As you can see the design is very unique. I've never seen anything like it.
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 403
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 398
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    40 KB · Views: 387
Is black or brown colored?

I think what you have here is an 18k black hematite colored gold ring.
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Is black or brown colored?

I think what you have here is an 18k black hematite colored gold ring.

Yes it is a blackish/brown color. Thanks for your help.
 
Upvote 0
The second Chinese character is "loyalty" or "faithfulness". Not 100% sure on the first on but I think it is "deep".

Cool ring.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
750 could be 18kt gold (most likely)

or

750 could be Platinum

Meaning 750 parts Platinum = 75% pure platinum 25% platinum alloy. (possible but doubtful)

Nice Ring either way :icon_thumleft:

* the number 750 with no pt or kt next to it, may mean it's a fake.

What is the word written in the third photo?

des ....something ....probably is the manufacturer. I would do a search on that name if I knew what it was.
 
Upvote 0
Translated that for ya!

萍忠 - Ping2 zhong1

Ping is a family name and zhong does in fact mean loyalty. seems to be some sort of a lover's ring. Not sure what the other marking is though.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom