Chiquita, Crab Claw 10, and Freak 8

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a few more bucks found in 2011, 1st pic is Chiquita, a stud with a massive body, tines look like bananas! Friend had him at 40 yards and let walk...he's nuts in my opinion...great footage though. 2nd and 3rd pics is crab claw 10, passed on him once early october, again great footage, I really wanted to try and harvest the freak 8- 4th and 5th pics...he is a ghost, never did see him while on stand.
heavytine.jpg

crab10.jpg

letwalk.jpg

ghost.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Very nice! :headbang:

Remember, you have to pass on the good bucks to shoot a great buck!

That looks like a whole lotta bone! I didn't know that you fell out of your tree stand. I'll bet that was a God awful feeling. How far did you fall and how did you make it out? I used to bowhunt with a passion but after several back surgeries a few years ago, I lost the feeling in my feet and legs and decided that climbing trees should be a thing of the past for me. It's a little weird trying to find the steps or the edge of the tree stand when you can't feel your feet. It always calls me back every fall and I miss it terribly but I always find other ways to entertain myself in the woods. Looking for these flat pieces of chert is also continually nagging at me. :wink:
I hope your recovery is fast and complete and you're back at them next year. If not, could you send me maps of your honeyholes before Lee finds them? ;D

hey prime focus- i fell on November 2nd, bad fall, broke both legs, right leg broke tibula/fibula in two spots with one being a compound fracture. left leg, i crushed my heel...17 days at mercy hopsital in dsm, iowa with 4 surgeries. the biggest challenge is non-weight on both legs for 12 weeks, then physical therapy for 8-12 weeks...my target date is sometime in the spring...rehab with some flint flipping i hope and pray! thank goodness i was with a buddy or i would have been in big trouble. i fell about 20-25 feet, buddy went and got emt's, took 7 guys to get me out of ditch, they couldn't get ambulance down to my location so they hauled me in back of my truck...bad deal but glad to be not paralyzed. to say the least i have been looking into tower blinds and highly doubt i will ever climb into a stand again. i am looking forward to spring...gobbles from big oak trees and freshly plowed fields with a good rain on them, i have already told both farmers where i hunt artifacts i am going to live on their land! one farmer is planning on tearing up 10 acres of overgrown pasture that has not seen sunlight since the 1940 or 50's, so he claims. if it shows flint, it will be a good opportunity to find some nice artifacts....april and may can't get here soon enough...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back